What Rom-Coms to Watch for Valentine’s Day Based on Your Astrology Sign

Whether you are single and ready to mingle, or you have been dating your significant other for so long that you are a borderline “old married couple,” rom-coms are the timeless genre of movies that can be enjoyed universally. The kind of movies that can invoke phases of crying ranging from laughter to loneliness. Although most rom-coms follow a similar sequence of events, each movie tells its own story that can be a #mood to most. And what better way to channel that mood than astrologically?

Aries: The Proposal

The proposal gif
Giphy

As an Aires, you are an ambitious and determined leader. You face every challenge head-on and are determined for success. Quite similarly to Sandra Bullock’s character in The Proposal, Margaret Tate, you will go to whatever lengths necessary to ensure life goes according to your plan. Although not everything will go as planned along the way, you will take the risk because it is better than settling for failure.

Taurus: The Notebook

The notebook gif
Giphy
Being an Earth sign, being a Taurus means finding peace in the serene. You look to soothing environments to find balance and harmony in your life. Like Ryan Gosling’s character, Noah, in The Notebook, your ideal location for relaxation would be a scenic house in a quiet town, spending time with the ones you love. However, when you are not relaxing, you’re using your hard-working drive to pursue financial stability.

Gemini: How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days gif
Giphy

Being a work-driven Gemini, you often struggle to find enough hours in a day to complete all your tasks. Like both Kate Hudson’s character, Andie Anderson, and Matthew McConaughey’s character, Benjamin Barry, in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, you will always go the extra mile if it means success in your career. Sometimes taking too much on, however, can backfire in your personal life. Your strong communication skills will get you far in your career, but you can sometimes take it too far with the ones you care about.

Cancer: He’s Just Not That into You

He\'s Just Not That Into You gif
Giphy

Although as a Cancer you lead with your heart on your sleeve, there are many layers to your emotions that can either make or break your personal life. The film He’s Just Not That into You perfectly breaks down all the different aspects of your personality with all the different relationships that unfold. Although you may sometimes let your emotions get the best of your intuition, everything will work itself out and you will find your clarity.

Leo: Clueless

Clueless gif
Giphy

To really embrace being a Leo, you must acknowledge your need to lead. Represented by the lion, you thrive in a hierarchy, but you always ensure you are on top of the social pyramid. Like Alicia Silverstone’s character, Cher Horowitz, in Clueless, you have no problem gravitating toward the more lavish things in life but at the end of the day, you’re highly loyal to the people who you hold dearest to you. Although your ambition may get the best of you at times, your fearless approach to life will take you far.

Virgo: My Best Friend’s Wedding

My Best Friend\'s Wedding gif
Giphy

As a Virgo, it is only instinct that you strive for perfection in every phase of your life.  Like Julia Roberts’ character, Julianne Potter, in My Best Friend’s Wedding, you tend to lead with logic to make sure you’re not the one getting hurt in the end. Your attention to detail in your pursuits could sometimes hold you back from finding the beauty in imperfection but once you begin to accept your flaws, you will find self-love in a way you never thought imaginable.

Libra: Sixteen Candles

Sixteen Candles gif
Giphy

As a Libra, you are constantly driven by the aesthetics of life. You can get very fixated on things that make you feel balanced and harmonious. Like Molly Ringwald’s character, Samantha Baker, in Sixteen Candles, you have a tendency to spiral when your sense of balance is disrupted, or things just don’t go according to your plan. Sometimes this can be a cause of you trying to make everyone else happy, putting your desires on the back burner. You must find a way to trust that you have the power to determine your own happiness.

Scorpio: 10 Things I Hate About You

10 things I hate about you gif
Giphy

Scorpios, like your celestial animal the scorpion, tend to be rather mysterious. You tread lightly but are always waiting for that perfect moment to strike. Relating to both Heath Ledger’s character, Patrick Verona, and Julia Stiles’ character, Kat Stratford, in 10 Things I Hate About You, you tend to be closed off to protect yourself from getting hurt, but at the end of the day, you crave intimacy. When you finally open up it can feel disruptive but if you push through, it can also lead to a deep connection.

Sagittarius: Notting Hill

notting hill gif
Giphy

As a Sagittarius, you are a natural-born traveler. You seek a new experience whether it be to escape reality or just to embark on a new adventure. Like Julia Roberts’ character, Anna Scott, in Notting Hill, you can travel all around the world on all these great adventures but sometimes it can feel lonely if you have no one to share it with. You need a partner who will push you to grow into your best self but also be someone who is daring to be a part of your wild life.

Capricorn: Bridesmaids

Bridesmaids gif
Giphy

You as a Capricorn are someone who thrives off ambition. When something comes your way, you will go to whatever lengths necessary to be victorious. Like Kristen Wiig’s character, Annie Walker, in Bridesmaids, you can sometimes get into a little trouble if your ambition gets the best of you. However, when you lose sight of your ambition you tend to feel lost and discouraged by life. In these times, it is important to channel your playful and loving side because that is what makes you who you are.

Aquarius: Crazy Rich Asians

Crazy Rich Asians gif
Giphy

As an Aquarius, you find strength in speaking your mind. You are liberated by your free spirit and are not afraid to express how you truly feel, no matter the consequence. Like Constance Wu’s character, Rachel Chu, in Crazy Rich Asians, you are a force to be reckoned with in society because you refuse to let people push you around. Although you have no problem with speaking your truth to whoever will listen, it is important to find time for yourself to reflect on what you truly want from life.

Pisces: 13 Going On 30

13 going on 30 gif
Giphy

Represented by two fish swimming in opposite directions, as a Pisces you are constantly at war with yourself. Like Jennifer Garner’s character, Jenna Rink, in 13 Going On 30, you tend to struggle to differentiate your desires from your needs. You have a very strong vision for your life, even if sometimes it can feel like a fantasy. People may call you delusional at times, but it is important to persist and manifest the life you want to live. However, try not to lose sight of all the beautiful people and experiences that are happening right in front of you.

All images courtesy of Giphy. 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Media/Communications Studies Major
Her Campus at Florida State University.