I am one of those students who simply can’t study in my apartment. My bed and Netflix are too much of a distraction to get any work done. Because of this, I have spent far too many hours in Strozier, more hours than I care to recall. I decided I needed a change of scenery every now and again, so I’ve compiled a list of alternative study spots that are less well known.

Atomic Coffee: Atomic is one of my favorite study spots, primarily due to the delicious coffee and pistachio muffins. This coffee shop has a cool vibe and a more relaxed setting than a traditional library. There’s a location on Tennessee St. and W. Call St.

Honors Scholars and Fellows House: This is the new building that is located directly above the Chick-Fil-A (and I know you all know where that is). What most people don’t know is that anyone can come in here and study—not just honors students! There are tons of natural lighting and multiple study rooms that are available to rent out.

William Johnston Building: William Johnston is a great place to keep in mind for some serious study sessions. There are some incredible resources available in WJB such as ACE Learning Studio, Success Coaching, the Reading and Writing Center, the Digital Studio and more.

The Bridge Lounge: Located above the Union has multiple long tables and comfy chairs, and its usually very quiet.

Directly across from the Bridge Lounge is the Computer Lab, which has 76 PC and 8 Mac computers. This is an amazing resource if you don’t have a laptop or just don’t want to bring it to campus with you.

Finally, everyone raves about studying on Landis, but I prefer the grassy field next to the Psychology building and across from Fresh Foods to the usual commotion that is Landis Green.  It is a far more peaceful setting, and I’m way more productive away from the puppies and the Frisbee games.

Her Campus at Florida State University.