Life > Experiences

Trending Activities To Put On Your Bucket List This Summer

While scrolling for hours on TikTok, avoiding my finals like the plague, I stumbled upon some cool trends that inspired me to create a list of fun-filled activities to try now that school is out. Now that Summer 2023 is finally here, it’s time to wind down and enjoy some quality time with our friends and family. Whether you’re looking for some solo relaxation or planning activities to do with your loved ones, these activities will help you make the most out of your summer days. So, let’s put the books away and pack a picnic! Here are some of the most trendy and enjoyable activities to add to your summer bucket list.

1. Paint candles

One activity that caught my eye was painting candles. This is perfect for creative individuals looking for a fun and relaxing evening in with friends. I saw a video where they used different colored tea candles and painted their candles with colored wax to create unique and beautiful designs. It is a great way to express your creativity and unwind after a long day in the sun. You could even make a whole evening out of it by watching a movie or playing some nice music while you paint your candles. It’s an ideal activity to escape the heat while spending quality time with friends.

@okpait

painting candles & g&t’s 🕯️🍹

♬ telepatía – Kali Uchis

2. Start a book club

Another fun activity that you can do with your friends this summer is to start a book club. If you’re not ready to commit to a full-fledged book club, no worries! All you have to do is gather a friend or two and agree to read a book together this summer. You can choose anything from Sylvia Plath to Colleen Hoover, or maybe even The Hunger Games series to prepare for the new movie release this fall. The best part is that you don’t have to take it too seriously. 

You can meet up with your friends at a coffee shop each week to discuss your progress, exchange thoughts, opinions, and of course, some caffeinated beverages. It’s a great way to bond with your friends over a shared interest in literature while enjoying some tasty treats.

@difficultwomen

want to go to starbucks and talk about esther’s slow descent into deep depression?

♬ use this sound if ur depressed and anxious – gillianlovesfilms

3. decorate a Cowboy hat

If you’re a fan of the “Coastal Cowgirl” aesthetic that’s been taking TikTok and Pinterest by storm, why not try making your own Coastal Cowgirl hat this summer? One video that caught my eye showed girls finding cute straw cowboy hats at Hobby Lobby and decorating them with beads from the jewelry section. You can take the beads and wrap them around the base of the hat to create a personalized and trendy design. This is a super fun activity that you can do by yourself or with a group of friends! The best part? Once you’ve created your hat, you can take it to the beach and take some photos in your new creation. It’s the perfect way to show off your creativity and beachy style.

4. Make dinner

If you’re looking for a fun and therapeutic activity to do this summer, why not try cooking a trendy meal with your friends or by yourself? One meal that’s been taking TikTok by storm is a Caesar salad, a side of fries, and a Coke (it can be diet if you prefer). It’s a perfect mix of greens and fried food, and it’s easy to make! 

You can prepare it by yourself or with a group of friends. Pair it with a fun summer TV series like Love Island for a cozy and relaxing evening. Cooking can be a great way to unwind and explore your culinary skills, even if you’re not a master chef. So why not give it a try and have a fun dinner night this summer?

Whether this is your first college summer or your last, there’s no better time to relax, unwind, and enjoy yourself with some fun activities. From painting candles to making your own Coastal Cowgirl hat, there’s no shortage of exciting things to do this summer. 

If you’re spending time with your friends or enjoying some quality alone time, I hope that these activities make your bucket list for summer 2023. So go out there, try something new, and enjoy every moment!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, TwitterTikTokYouTube and Pinterest!

Alyssa Bynum is a junior at Florida State University studying Public Relations. Her favorite things include her cat Maple, her espresso machine, and wildly unrealistic romance stories.