Top Features on iOS 11 That Will Blow Your Mind

On Sept. 15, Apple announced new editions to the family. There’s the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and the one of a kind $999 phone, the iPhone X. Of course, when Apple announces new iPhones, they also announce a new iOS update.

iOS 11 was released on Sept. 19. It offers so many new features that are sure to amaze iPhone users, here are some of the best.

1. Control Center

The first thing to point out is the new and improved control center. On iOS 10, the control center gives a couple of options to work with. iOS 11 makes the control center customizable, giving users more freedom to rearrange it and make it their own. It also has many more options, including settings to choose from and plenty of other choices when 3D Touch is involved.

Courtesy: 9to5mac

2. One Handed Keyboard

Through the years iPhones have been getting bigger and wider. Sometimes, it’s hard for users to text with just one hand, especially on busy days when your other hand is preoccupied. Fortunately, iOS 11 has a one-handed keyboard for all the multitasking people out there.  Depending on what hand users wish to text on, the keyboard shifts to the left or to the right.

Courtesy: iGeeksBlog

3. Siri Feels Real

The world was amazed by Apple’s introduction of Siri. Now, Siri is smarter and has a more natural voice. With iOS 11, Siri syncs with multiple Apple devices to get to know a little bit more about its owner and is capable of translating several languages.  Another thing is that Siri doesn’t necessarily sound like a robot anymore, the voice is a lot more realistic.

Courtesy: phonearea

4. More Features for Camera

The camera must be mentioned whenever talking about Apple updates and phones. Now, live photos can actually be edited. Users with the live photos feature can pick out the shots that they want to keep, add effects and much more. For those who own an iPhone 7 Plus (or are planning on getting the iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X), Portrait Mode is getting a great update.  Flash can now be used and Portrait Mode can be removed from photos that have already been taken. Other features with this iOS update include scanning QR codes, new filters and even more camera settings.

Courtesy: ios.gadgethacks

5. Goodbye, Venmo!

Apple Pay is now available on iMessage. Friends can now send or request money through just a simple text. This makes it much easier for people to pay each other back immediately instead of using a separate app.

Courtesy: iGeeksBlog

Of course, not many people update their phones as soon as new iOS updates come out. They don’t want to update because they’re so used to the original. To me, iOS 11 looks amazing and so clean. I updated my phone the second iOS 11 came out and you should too!

Carelyn is a student at Florida State University. She's double majoring in Editing, Writing, Media and Humanities. Carelyn loves pastel colors, thought-provoking books, and exploring the beautiful world.  
Her Campus at Florida State University.