Top 5 Reasons To Get Excited for Fall Weather

Now that it’s October, I am ready to begin my fall rituals—huge sweaters and boots, drinking venti lattes from Starbucks and taking walks around Lake Ella. The weather has begun to change, and although it’s still a high of 80 degrees, it is now appropriate for you to begin switching out your wardrobe and start getting excited for fall weather in Tallahassee! Here are some reasons you should be ready to tackle the weather change this fall season:

1. Apparel

It’s no doubt that betches love gym clothes.  The best thing about fall weather is that you can finally step up your game and dress casually without looking like you didn’t give a crap about what you put on that morning.  Bust out those leggings, oversized sweaters and black riders that I know you all love.  To take it to the next level, add some leather or the ever so trendy military jacket.  If it’s military green, it’s perfect for fall.  For those of you willing to step outside of the box, dye that hair one shade darker and change out your daily lip to a deep brown/red…just a suggestion. In the end, cool fall weather just makes us want to cuddle. Cuddle clothes are fun and easy.  Pair your favorite yoga pants with a pop of color from a scarf to take the comfort of your spoon session to the optimal level.

2. The Leaves Change…Kind Of

This is Florida people, these leaves won’t be turning yellow and red like they do in apple orchards in Massachusetts but they will give off some color change. Whether it’s sitting on Landis with your textbook or taking a wall around Lake Ella, the change in weather brings a solid change to our atmosphere.

3. No More Sweating

Finally, you get to arrive to class sweat-free. Yay. But actually, fall weather puts a damper on the amount of deodorant purchased, especially in Florida. Next time you roll into class and finally work up the urge to talk to that cute boy you always been eyeing, don’t worry about that droplet of sweat of that would have rolled down your forehead if this was August.  Its fall y’all, so take an extra lap around the union just for fun. Sweat won’t be getting you down any more.

4. Bonfires

Being up in da club can be fun but like we already discussed, nobody likes to sweat and since it’s fall the sweating will finally cease.  Instead of pushing through sweaty, inebriated people at your favorite bar or club (ain’t nobody got time for that) take the party to your own backyard with a fun bonfire.  *This will also give you the opportunity to show off your new leather pants you’ve been irking to display to the world.

5. Pumpkins on Pumpkins on Pumpkins

Let’s get one thing straight, pumpkins are amazing, and are actually the most amazing part about fall. It all starts with a photo shoot, or fun trip, to the local pumpkin patch (my favorite is at the Faith Presbyterian Church on Capital Circle and Mahan).  Then carve or paint your pumpkins to your liking, and be sure to hipstagram it so the world knows how cool you are. Don’t forget about those pumpkin seeds though!  Not only are they a great snack but they’re a super food too.  Let’s not forget to mention pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes, and everyone’s favorite Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Divulge in your favorite desert, snack, or even Halloween costume because truth be told, we love all things pumpkin!

Kalie Marsch is a senior at Florida State University majoring in Editing, Writing and Media within the College of English. She aspires to work in magazine publishing and editing in the future, and lives for New York Fashion Week. When she's not busy with work or school, she loves to shop, read magazines and online style blogs, sit down with a good book, or go to the gym. She is obsessed with New York City and plans to move there after graduating from college. Kalie also loves being involved on campus and meeting new people. She is super excited to work with Her Campus and looks forward to helping make the FSU chapter the best it can be!