I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease almost 4 years ago, and ever since then, I have had to adhere to a strict Gluten Free diet. Most of the time it is easy, with all the new products and snacks on the market, but sometimes around the holidays, it can be a challenge. Here are my top 5 gluten-free Halloween treats you can make this season. They are so good you won’t even realize they are GF.

1. Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies Treats

Courtesy: A girl defloured.com

These look so good, Rice Krispies and pumpkin spice, count me in! Make the Rice Krispies treats as you normally would, but add some canned pumpkin and spices to make them perfect for fall!

2. Strawberry White Chocolate Ghosts

These are so cute and simple!  All you need is strawberries, melted white chocolate and dark chocolate for the eyes and mouth. These would be adorable even without the stick.

Courtesy: Sarah Bakes.com

3. Marshmallow Broomsticks

Courtesy: Sarah Bakes.com

These can easily be made with gluten-free pretzel sticks and marshmallows decorated with colored white chocolate or frosting! Microwave the frosting until a liquid consistency, then dip the marshmallows with the pretzel stick. Cover with sprinkles, place on wax paper, and enjoy!

4. Caramel Apples

Courtesy: MyWholeLife.com

One of my favorite fall treats is Caramel Apples. These can be made at home with a few simple ingredients. You can top the caramel with whatever topping you would like: Nuts, M&Ms, Sprinkles, Chocolate. The ideas are endless and delicious.

5. Gluten-Free Spice Cakes with Pumpkin Swirl Cream Cheese Frosting

Courtesy: A girl defloured.com

These spiced cupcakes, made from a mix, are delicious. But it’s the pumpkin swirl cream cheese frosting that really makes them over the top. Serve them for dessert at any Halloween festival, picnic or party. Or make them just because!

I hope these recipes get you inspired to bake and have some fun in the kitchen! These wheat-free treats are so delicious, you won’t even need to trick your non-gluten-free friends into eating them.

Happy Halloween!

Alexis is a senior this year at Florida State University. She is pursuing a degree in Psychology with minors in education and child development. She loves trail running, spending time with her family and amazing boyfriend Blake, watching netflix and eating massive amounts of peanut butter. You can find her on Facebook and Instagram @lexie_cullen.
Her Campus at Florida State University.