The Top 12 Best Foods to Eat During Thanksgiving

Everyone knows that turkey is not really the best of the best food at the Thanksgiving table – it is usually the side dishes. Thanksgiving is a holiday to look forward to, what with spending time with your family and friends and getting to eat lots of food. And obviously, the main reason people look forward to Thanksgiving is, of course, the food. Here are the top 10 best foods to eat during your Thanksgiving break!

1. Baked Mac & Cheese

I don’t know about you, but my mom makes the best baked breadcrumb macaroni and cheese during the Thanksgiving holiday. You definitely need to have a side of Macaroni and Cheese on your table. This is my favorite dish out of all!

Courtesy: Food & Wine

2. Garlic Roasted Baked Potato

Another dish that you MUST have at your table during Thanksgiving evening, the baked potato should be seasoned with black pepper, salt, garlic and basil. You can eat the baked potato with anything, such as turkey, chicken, macaroni, it will taste good with anything.

Courtesy: The Food Network

3. Gravy

You cannot forget having gravy for your turkey. Turkey can be a bit dry and by adding gravy it makes it flavorful and appetizing. Most people do not enjoy Turkey alone since it does not have much taste to it but definitely having gravy could change your perspective of eating turkey.

Courtesy: Serious Eats

4. Cornbread

If you don’t like cornbread then you must be crazy. In every Thanksgiving table, there should be buttermilk cornbread with honey on the side, yummmm!

Courtesy Life Made Simple Bakes

5. Roasted Chicken

Even though we have turkey during Thanksgiving, it is also a good idea to have a side of roasted baked chicken.

Courtesy: My Recipes

6. Mashed Potatoes

Besides the baked mashed potatoes, we must also add the classic mashed potatoes with a side of gravy and butter.

Courtesy Food to Love

7. Stuffing

One classic must-have on the table is bread stuffing. It is honestly so delicious and appetizing. 

Courtesy: Betty Crocker

8. Cranberry Sauce

The perfect cranberry sauce is a must-have.

Courtesy: Life’s Ambrosia

9. Casserole

There must be a casserole to eat during Thanksgiving, it does not matter what kind. My favorite is broccoli and cheddar casserole.

Courtesy: Taste of Home

10. Pumpkin Pie

For dessert, you must have the traditional pumpkin pie with some whipped cream.

Courtesy: Prism London

11. Veggies

For some yummy veggies to add to the table: a perfect whip of sautéed carrots will be ravishing and also healthy for your big dinner. 

Courtesy: The Food Network

12. Sweet Potato Soufflé  

I am saving the best for last, to top off your Thanksgiving dinner you must have the sweet potato soufflé. It’s delicious!

Courtesy: The Food Network

Senior at Florida State University Majoring in Psychology and minoring in Spanish & Communications.
Her Campus at Florida State University.