There’s a Gilmore Girls Ice Cream Flavor Just in Time for The Revival

It is safe to say that most of us (me, definitely me) are completely ecstatic about the upcoming installment to the popular early-2000s show, Gilmore Girls. Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life will be a four-part miniseries (with each episode representing a different season) and will premiere on Netflix on November 25th. After you’ve finished stuffing yourself for Thanksgiving, you can stuff yourself with the cuisine de la Gilmore. Movie night at the Gilmore House would not be complete without: pizza, mallomars, red vines, whatever Al’s Pancake World dished up that week, an order including at least half of the Chinese take-out menu, fries from Luke’s and the be-all, end-all: ice cream.

Courtesy: Cosmopolitan

Luckily, Ample Hills Creamery in Brooklyn, NY, stepped up to the heaping coffee table at the Gilmore house and made a special flavor just for the occasion: “They Scoop Gilmores, Don’t They?” The flavor, as described on their website, is: “Coffee (of course), chocolate pudding ice cream (because Emily is trying after all) but oy, with the snickerdoodles already– topped with pink [Pop Tart] sprinkles.”

Courtesy: Ample Hills

Honestly, nothing could be more fitting.

The flavor was created as a part of Ample Hills’ #GilmoreGirlsIceCream contest where they asked for flavor and name ideas via Twitter. The creamery has given credit to three users for suggestions that brought about “They Scoop Gilmores, Don’t They?”: “@pauline__beal’s allusion to Emily’s attempt at chocolate pudding, @ryebecca’s ingenious “oy with the snickerdoodles already” and @jjjmmd’s name– a reference to a reference to a reference” (Ample Hills). The creamery added in the coffee flavor base because they know how the Gilmores do life.

Courtesy: Ample Hills

While individual scoops are only available in shop at New York locations, Ample Hills Creamery ships nationwide (thank the universe) and the flavor is now available to ship as part of the “Where You Lead, I Will Marshmallow” four-pack or the “Choose Your Own Story” five-pack. The Gilmore Girls themed pack includes two pints of “They Scoop Gilmores, Don’t They?”, plus one pint of “No Sleep Till Pumpkin” (coffee ice cream with pumpkin butter cake pieces) and one pint of “Snap, Mallow, Pop!” (marshmallow ice cream with rice crispie treat bits). One four-pack will also come with a pack of Red Vines which will serve as a “Golden Ticket” to a special prize.

I don’t know about y’all but I might be making my Thanksgiving light this year so I can prepare for the food coma I will willingly put myself in for the revival. Make the Ice Cream Queen, Rory Gilmore, proud by making sure to order this amazing flavor – it will pair nicely with the “Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate” flavor from Taylor’s Ice Cream Shoppe.

Courtesy: Giphy

Her Campus FSU Staff Writer Junior // Creative Writing & Communications Travel/Tea/Theatre Enthusiast Follow me @ShutUpSkyler
Her Campus at Florida State University.