jenna ortega as wednesday
jenna ortega as wednesday
Netflix
Style > Fashion

4 Last-Minute Halloween Costumes You Probably Already Have In Your Closet

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I love decorating my apartment with spooky decorations, burning a pumpkin-scented candle, and baking fall treats. Like the transitional season, however, Halloween plans can tend to be a bit stressful and uncertain. To help remedy those in similar situations and share some inspiration, I have put together a list of last-minute costumes for your impromptu Halloween parties and plans.

1. Devil

Okay, I know this costume is so, so, so overdone. However, this is such an easy costume and there are an unlimited number of fun ways to make it unique to you! For this costume, you can wear any variation of a red outfit, such as a red corset or a thrifted red slip dress. Most stores with Halloween costumes will have devil horns, but if you’re struggling to find some, I recommend using Amazon Prime for fast shipping. To make the devil costume more unique, you can add fishnet stockings and tear them to give them a scary effect. I also recommend getting face rhinestones and using eyelash adhesive glue to create a fun makeup look. 

2. Wednesday Addams

With the recent release of Wednesday, this costume will be very recognizable. You’ll need a black dress layered with a white button-down and two braids in your hair. You can get cheap black tights and Mary Janes to complete the look. Virtually every store sells black dresses you can buy if you don’t already have one in your closet. 

3. Olive from Easy A 

This costume is easy because all that it requires is an all-black outfit that you can tape a red letter “A” on. If I were to recreate an all-black ensemble, I would wear a black bodycon dress and some fishnets. However, if you’re looking to stay true to the movie, I would order a black corset and wear black jeans or leather pants. This one is perfect if you stare at your closet and are unsure of what to wear. It can be assembled within minutes with a printer and tape readily available. 

4. Ouija Board

I saw someone do this one year and thought it was so cute. You just need loads of waterproof eyeliner and a spooky outfit. You can tailor this outfit to your comfort level. I would personally wear a black slip lingerie dress or a black corset. You could also change the color of the outfit and make it silver or navy. It depends on what you have in your closet, as long as you can write the letters and phrases on your chest. Another way to make this costume more unique is to use silver body glitter, distressed tights, and planchette earrings to accessorize.

While assembling Halloween costumes can definitely be stressful and sometimes costly (do not get me started on the embarrassing amount I have spent), these costumes are quick and easy backup options for that party you just remembered. Getting caught up in all the fun is easy, but remember that staying safe this spooky season is essential. 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Hey my name is Eugenia:) A little about me: I love dogs, hanging out with friends and family, and I have a bad shopping addiction. I love painting in my free time as well as thrifting with friends. I am a third year student at FSU and I am majoring in Political Science. I hope to attend law school when I graduate.