Having been a Swiftie since before I can remember, I’ve grown up with Taylor’s music. Every stage of my life being connected to a new Taylor Swift era has been like unlocking levels of a videogame. All this means I can see her music in everything around me, and even more so since coming to college. Now, did I pick my major based on what vibe it gave me? Absolutely not. BUT am I happy with how my major and this song matched up? Yes. Hint: It’s the first one on this list.

So, if the 1 associated with your major doesn’t really fit your Style, well, then Don’t Blame Me and just Shake It Off. Now without further ado, are you Ready For It?

Sociology: “Look what you made me do”

Social science is the study of social interactions and the consequences of human behavior, making this hit fit perfectly under this major. As part of her album Reputation, this song hints about Taylor’s response to all the drama and hate she received at the time, and look what it made her do. I would NOT want to be on the receiving end of a Taylor Swift-written diss track I can tell you that.

Recreation and Tourism Management: “London boy”

Each big place tends to have its own claim to fame that is used to encourage tourism to their country; France has the Eiffel Tower, Ireland has Guinness, Australia has the Hemsworth brothers… I digress. Taylor wants to share with us all that, like Australia, the UK’s number one export is charming men. “They say home is where the heart is, but God, I love the English.” Booking a flight right now.

Cinematography and Film: “karma”

In this song, Taylor hints at a certain actor which, if you subscribe to general Taylor lore at all, you probably know who it’s talking about, but I won’t tell… Taylor says, “Karma is the guy on the screen, coming straight home to me.” So for those of you in this major or dating anyone who works in film, this song might just be for you.

Psychology: “mad woman”

“Every time you call me crazy, I get more crazy.” If that doesn’t scream Abnormal Psych, I’m not sure what does. “What a shame she went mad, No one likes a mad woman.” Now, this isn’t necessarily true because I can’t think of anything a research student would love more than a “mad woman.” That thesis practically writes itself.

Communication: “EXILE”

If you’ve ever listened to this song, the lack of communication might drive you crazy. Both characters feel like they’re not being listened to, but they think they made their feelings very clear. Talking over each other, the two could benefit from some courses in communication. “You didn’t even hear me out (you didn’t even hear me out), You never gave a warning sign (I gave so many signs)”. Meanwhile, I’m screaming at my Spotify: “SHE GAVE SO MANY SIGNS HOW ARE YOU NOT GETTING IT?”

Elementary Education: “me!”

“Hey, kids! Spelling is fun!” I won’t be elaborating, but Dr. Swift is putting that NYU degree to good use!

Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies: “the man”

This song is for everyone who feels like society sets their gender up for failure, conversations that are very prevalent in Women and Gender Studies. “I’m so sick of running as fast as I can, wondering if I’d get there quicker, if I was a man.” In these classes, you would probably dive into if this is the case and why exactly that is.

Criminology: “no body, no crime”

This major will make you analyze countless crime scenes, complete with questions of how they did it, why they did it, and how they got away with it. The character in this song says, “Good thing my daddy made me get a boating license when I was fifteen, And I’ve cleaned enough houses to know how to cover up a scene.”  So, I guess what I’m getting at is that there is nothing I want more than to see a criminology student do a report on this song. Chop chop!

Real Estate: “the last great American dynasty”

If Taylor wrote a song for every house on the market, I don’t think I would be able to walk away without at least 10, so thank God she doesn’t dabble in real estate. The house in this song has so much history; honestly, that’s a real selling point for the girl in the story. “They picked out a home and called it ‘Holiday House’…and then it was bought by me.” If you’re in real estate, I’m begging you to explain how she was able to buy a house that had just rotted on the beach for 50 years prior, but it beats me.

Interior Design: “out of the woods”

In this song, she says, “We decided to move the furniture so we could dance.” I’m not an expert in interior design, but that seems like a very valid reason to switch up the flow of the room. At least until you start bumping into things because they’re not where they used to be. One stubbed toe later, she will move the furniture back to where it was before.

Sports Management: “end game”

I’m not sure how much overlap there is between sport lovers and Ed Sheeran lovers, but if you happen to be a strong follower of either, this song might just be for you. Even with my limited knowledge of general sports other than volleyball, I can appreciate the sports references in this song. “I wanna be your endgame, I wanna be your first string, I wanna be your A-Team.”

Seeing songs lining up with majors in my dreams will not be a hyperfixation of mine for the next week. If anyone has any more ideas, I would love to hear them!

Also, shout out to my fellow Swiftie, Lauren, for brainstorming with me!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and, Pinterest!

Hey, I'm Chloe and I'm a senior at Florida State! I'm a staff writer at HerCampus FSU and a fun fact about me is that I'm also a certified lifeguard! I love hammocking and reading outside and I'm always down to go for a swim!