As the end of 2018 approaches, we are greeted with crisp weather and cozy vibes. Autumn and winter are the breeding grounds for peak moments in life, as these seasons are centered around family, friends, love and community. We experience a blissful amity, surrounding ourselves with loved ones and celebrating this life that we are blessed to live. This serenity leaves us feeling warm and impenetrable to challenges that may threaten us in the future. We are motivated to feel alive and whole, but also nostalgic, as we reflect on our pasts, more specifically the past year and what we’ve accomplished.

If there are ambitions you still want to fulfill, it’s not too late to go for it. Use these final moments of this year to accomplish a goal you set during the New Year. Do something bold and exciting for yourself. There is a whole world out there waiting for you. Don’t fool yourself into thinking that you can’t fulfill a dream because of the circumstances placed in front of you, because it’s not the conditions that are important, it’s the decisions. Our perceptions and expectations form the foundation for our successes. If you believe that you cannot achieve something, you most likely won’t. This time of the year is especially beautiful because there is so much emphasis on love and family. This feeling of togetherness and celebration of just being humans and existing is mind-blowingly beautiful. Give yourself more credit and recognize how amazing your dreams are. Have the courage to go after what you want. Be vulnerable, as that is the birthplace of change and innovation.

Courtesy: Tumblr

This can also serve as motivation for the upcoming year. If you are able to get into the rhythm of creating and focusing on your goals, then you may be more likely to stay in motion and follow through with the momentum that success can bring you. We should not be mistaken or tricked into thinking that New Years is the only time of year where we can set new goals for ourselves. We get into this mindset that if we don’t stick to something the first time, then it will never work out. Don’t wait for Monday. Don’t wait for New Years to start working on something that has the potential to make you better. You may have to start over multiple times. You will fail so many times and the goal you are trying to reach will feel impossible. It may seem that everything is at arm’s length, but just remember, that as long as you get up, you’re moving forward. No matter what you’re trying to succeed at, whether that be school, work, family or your own personal growth, it is possible to succeed. You become where your habits take you. We don’t push ourselves hard enough because we are pre-conditioned to stay within boundaries. Do not limit yourself to the restraints you’ve been concealed in. You should be proud of who you are because you are working towards becoming everything you want to be. Live one day at a time, enjoy one moment at a time, and accept hardships as the pathway to peace. 

Katarina is a senior at Florida State University studying Creative Writing with a double minor in Education and Communications. You can find her at your local library reading a good book or writing for her blog https://katarinamartinez13.wixsite.com/kmartinezreads As an aspiring novelist and content writer, she is always looking to spread love and joy everywhere she goes.
Her Campus at Florida State University.