This year’s spring break at Florida State might look a little different (thanks to good ole COVID), but that doesn’t mean that we can’t have a little local getaway in Tallahassee while supporting some local businesses at the same time. Some of our favorite places are joining in on the festivities and hooking us up with some great deals and fun events! Don’t forget that St. Patrick’s Day also falls on Wednesday of this week, so there will be plenty of things to do around Tallahassee for that. Keep reading to see the best deals our town has to offer this “spring break” for those ages 21 and older.

Township

Township is my personal favorite right now when it comes to the bars in Tallahassee, and that’s probably because they are always doing something festive and always have super great deals! They are going all out for what would have been our spring break and will be having a different theme every day of the week. Some of the themes include New Orleans, Mexico, Cruise and Tallahassee Staycation. Guess what? Each day, Township will have a featured cocktail that comes with a free floater in a shot glass that you get to keep! If you’re looking for the perfect excuse to go out every day, this is it. You’ll be catching me there for sure.

Madison Social

On Tuesday, March 16, MadSo is offering “Hurricanes and Hand Grenades.” Both drinks come with fun glasses while supplies last! Since Township and Madison Social are related, MadSo will also have free floaters in themed shot glasses. MadSo also recently started offering High Noon cocktails on Thursdays for $4. This special is not limited to spring break week, but I had to mention it because they are my favorite drinks ever. They are so refreshing and yummy. Definitely a must-try!

Centrale

Centrale is getting in on the spring break fun too! You can grab any local Proof beer with a shot of Ology vodka or liqueur. Centrale will also have floaters in a festive shot glass that you get to keep!

The Brass Tap

Photo by Shubhesh Aggarwal on Unsplash

The Brass Tap in Midtown is offering some pretty special deals for St. Patty’s Day. On Wednesday, you can get $2 Lucky Shots, $3 green beer, $5 Irish Car Bombs and so many other discounted shots. They will also be serving Irish-themed food all day. From 9 p.m. to 12 a.m., they will have a live DJ as well as special performances from Drake School of Irish Dance throughout the day. Did I mention they’re not even charging cover? This is definitely an all-inclusive experience.

It’s definitely a bummer to not have a break from classes, but we should still treat ourselves to a little fun. Hopefully, you can take advantage of some of the things Tallahassee has to offer this week, but don’t forget to be cautious during this pandemic! Wear your mask, social distance and spend time outside if you can. Have fun, be safe and happy spring break!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Youtube and Pinterest!

Born and raised in Florida. Currently a senior studying marketing at Florida State University. My passions include scrolling endlessly through social media, enjoying time with friends, and being near any body of water.
Her Campus at Florida State University.