For my 2019 Spring Break, I decided to take on a little challenge: the Disney Bound Challenge, which occurs during the whole month of March. Disneybounders take on the task to go all out each day with outfits that correspond to a Disney movie given each day. For my mini-challenge, I chose 5 days out of my Spring Break to try Disneybounding out!

***Disclaimer: I decided to do this “challenge” AFTER I packed my bags, so I definitely had to borrow some of my sister’s and even mom’s clothes to make it work.***

You might be thinking, “What is Disneybounding?” Disneybounding is a challenge where you pick any Disney character and inspire your everyday outfits using them as an example.

Courtesy: Instagram @thedisneybound

There’s a whole Disneybounding community online that will show you how far they have gone. From casual outfits to full-out evening wear, this was a super fun challenge to take on. 

Courtesy: Instagram @thedisneybound and @savydoesdisney

Courtesy: Instagram @thedisneybound and @van_kelsing

Courtesy: Instagram @thedisneybound and @karinpirate

From Mar. 17- 21, I played around with the characters and used A LOT of artistic freedom in these. Enjoy!

Mar. 17, 2019: Characters Who Wear/Are Green (Incredible Hulk)

Courtesy: Maria Paula Fajardo

I paired my olive-green halter top with some ripped denim shorts to go walking around the old city in Cartagena. Not only did I need outfits that were cute and true to character, I also needed outfits that would fit my daily activities (which included a lot of walking this day specifically). 

Mar. 18, 2019: Sidekicks (Flounder from The Little Mermaid)

Courtesy: Maria Paula Fajardo

After watching many Youtube videos about “how to Disneybound,” I learned that there are no rules and that thrift stores are your best friends. I got these shorts for $3.95 at my local Goodwill, the one on Pensacola for my local FSU students, and I borrowed this Express tank top from my mom. I paired the outfit with some comfortable Croc wedged sandals (10/10 would recommend). I put half of my hair up in a fishtail braid and my outfit was complete.

Mar. 19, 2019: Mary Poppins Returns (Michael Banks)

Courtesy: Maria Paula Fajardo

This was extremely tricky since I was on a bus for a total of 8 hours to travel to and from Playa Crystal in Santa Marta. I was planning to lay out on the beach all day so I picked a character that matched my swimsuit. And considering how burnt I got, I lowkey started to incorporate his burgundy tie in my outfit (lol).

March. 20, 2019: Spring Trends (Rapunzel from Tangled)

Courtesy: Maria Paula Fajardo

For this day I used a pastel Fashion Nova dress (thanks to my older sister) to incorporate a Spring color scheme. I paired it with some nice rose heels and I copied her signature flower braid.

Mar. 21, 2019: Kim Possible (Kim Possible) 

Courtesy: Maria Paula Fajardo

My last day was also a beach day. Imitating her most popular outfit, because we all know homegirl was a fashion icon, I paired my olive-green shorts with a black tank. And with my puffy hair all over the place, it was a look. Simple yet practical.

Overall thoughts: As I stated before, I highly enjoyed this. I was thinking that if I could create all these outfits with the clothing items I had in one suitcase, with some exceptions, imagine what I could do with my entire closet! If you got to the end of this and want to find out more, check out a YouTube video by Disney Style that includes three Disney Bounders who bound in New York.

Majoring in Italian and Business with a French minor, Maria hopes to combine both her love for European culture and her public relations skills to kill it in the business world. When she's not falling in love with her latest romance novel or trying to learn her 6th language; you can find her snuggled up with her cat Figaro or her Pug Rudolf watching a Disney classic. Whether it's fashion, food, music, or current events; you can catch her enjoying every moment that life brings her.
Her Campus at Florida State University.