Snack Time Favorites: Quarantine Edition

Take a quick look at some of my favorite snacks I like to make during quarantine! You won’t be disappointed with these healthy and easy treats!

1. Weight Loss Bowl

Healthy food bowl
Olena Sergienko
This snack or lunch bowl is one of my favorite lighter combinations to eat. Its ingredients are notorious for promoting weight loss but can still just be seen as a yummy treat. For a snack size, I start with half of an avocado, half of a tomato or cherry tomatoes, a quarter of a cucumber and mozzarella or feta cheese. To top it off I like to add salt and pepper, a little garlic powder or dill, a squeeze of lemon and some balsamic glaze or dressing if you’re feeling fancy. To turn this snack into a lunch time meal I’ll just double the portions of all of the ingredients. This snack is super healthy and light but also filling at the same time.

2. Tuna and Crackers

This might not be everyone’s cup of tea if you’re not a fan of tuna, but I love it! It’s super simple and easy to throw together for those last-minute hunger cravings. First, I grab any single serving canned tuna, drain the liquid and throw it in a bowl. I then add a very small scoop of mayonnaise (you can use light mayonnaise instead or substitute plain Greek yogurt for a healthier alternative). I mix it up with some salt, pepper, dill, and rosemary and add the mixture on top of some crackers. My favorite crackers to use for this snack are Triscuits. To skip the carbs, try topping some cucumber slices with the tuna instead of the crackers. If you’re up for it, try this protein-packed snack out!

3. PB and Chocolate Banana Sandwiches

Pb&J
Christin Urso / Spoon
This snack is one of my favorites if I’m craving something sweeter. It’s also a plus that it’s super easy to make. You’ll only need 3 ingredients: bananas, peanut butter and chocolate. To maximize the healthy-ness try using natural peanut butter and dark chocolate. First, peel and slice your banana. Spoon a small amount of peanut butter on one banana slice and top it with another to make a sandwich. After this I like to throw them all in the freezer for about an hour. Once their frozen, melt your chocolate in 30 second increments in the microwave. Take your banana bites out of the freezer and dip them in the melted chocolate so that half of each bite is covered. Next, I throw them back into the freezer for about 15 minutes to let the chocolate harden up. This low-calorie sweet treat will be sure to satisfy your craving!

4. TikTok Pizza

pizza in box
Erik Mclean
I found this recipe on TikTok, hence the name, and I’m so glad that I did. All of my pizza lovers out there are going to shake in their seats! I can’t believe that I never thought of this before. This low-carb trick to making pizza changes the game and only takes 5 minutes to make. First, I preheat my oven to 425 degrees and then throw a pan on the stove over medium heat and add some olive oil. I then brown a tortilla in the pan for about a minute on each side. I top the tortilla with marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese and Italian seasoning and then throw it in the oven for just under 5 minutes until the cheese gets bubbly. Enjoy!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest!

Born and raised in Florida. Currently a senior studying marketing at Florida State University. My passions include scrolling endlessly through social media, enjoying time with friends, and being near any body of water.
Her Campus at Florida State University.