Style > Beauty

Renee Allison: Jamaican Beauty with Big Dreams

Name: Renee Allison

Year: Sophomore 

Hometown: St. Johns, FL (Jacksonville)

Major: Exercise Science 

Relationship Status: Very much single, as always 

Her Campus (HC): Have you always wanted to attend FSU?

Renee Allison (RA): Originally I wanted to go to UF (yuck), but as soon as I toured FSU I knew that’s where I wanted to go.

HC: What is some advice you would have given your freshman self?

RA: Get involved more in one or two clubs that you can really focus on. Also enjoy freshman year because it only gets harder. 

HC: Tell me about some activities you are involved with on campus.

RA: I am a resident advisor. I’m also involved in NoleMed, a medical club on campus. In my spare time, I do a lot of community service projects with C.H.I.C.S. 

HC: What is the best part about being an RA? The most challenging?

RA: The best part of being an RA is when you are able to make close connections with your residents. The most challenging part by far is staying on top of everything and scheduling.

HC: What career do you wish to have after you graduate?

RA: After I graduate I would like to attend pharmacy school and then hopefully work for a major pharmaceutical company. 

HC: Do you have any advice for future Noles?

RA: Really get to enjoy FSU!!!! There are so many opportunities to enjoy and explore.

HC: What is your favorite FSU tradition?

RA: My favorite FSU tradition is when the band plays all around campus the night before the first home game.

HC: One thing you can’t live without and why?

RA: My family. They are everything to me. 

HC: What is one place you want to visit that you have never been to and why?

RA: I would love to visit Spain mostly because it’s so beautiful, but also because I love European soccer and it would be awesome to go to a match. 

HC: What about your favorite place to return to?

RA: My favorite place to return to would be Jamaica.

HC: What is something about Jamaican culture you wish everyone could experience?

RA: I wish everyone could experience the vibe of the whole country. People really make the most out of what they have and are always in a good mood. They have a very positive outlook on life. 

HC: What Jamaican food do you recommend?

RA: Ackee and salt fish, our national dish!

Her Campus at Florida State University.