Quinn Solomon: Avid Leader Throughout Campus

Name: Quinn Solomon

Hometown: Longwood, FL

Age: 20

Major: Biology and Psychology

Relationship Status: Single

Photo By: Lauren Alsina

Her Campus (HC): Hey, Quinn! I know you’re a leader in a lot of organizations on campus. Can you tell me what you’re involved in and what roles you’ve taken?

Quinn Solomon (QS): Currently, I’m a student senator for the 68th Student Senate and a part of the Vitality family. Within Student Senate, I also am a part of the Internal Affairs committee. I serve as External Relations Chair for my sorority (Pi Beta Phi). Additionally, I’m involved in undergraduate research, and I was just recently initiated into Garnet and Gold Key.

HC: What made you want to take the lead for so many different things?

QS: I really enjoy being involved in such a variety of things and I love meeting new people, but the main reason I wanted become a leader in different areas is because I wanted to leave a lasting legacy when I’m done with my time at FSU. All of these organizations bring so much and I’m incredibly proud to be a part of them all. It’s heartwarming.

HC: You said you want to leave a legacy. What is one thing you would change if you had the opportunity to?

QS: I’ve always noticed the disparity among the professors, administrators and students within Florida State. If I could change one thing, I would work on a way to improve cohesion and communication among those three bodies to better the campus for all.

HC: What are some events coming up for the organizations you’re in?

QS: Pi Beta Phi is having our spring philanthropy, All Frat Revue, on April 5. This is basically an annual event among fraternities on FSU’s campus. Also, Student Senate is every Wednesday night beginning at 7:30 p.m., and as always, everyone is welcome to attend. I really encourage students to come out and learn more about what is happening on campus and voice their opinions on what we discuss!

HC: What’s your favorite part about being a leader?

QS: I love being able to connect with such a diverse student body, but it’s also so amazing to see what impacts I’m leaving already. I just love being in a place where I’m able to make lasting decisions that will truly benefit fellow Seminoles.

HC: How do you manage your academics and your leadership in all these clubs?

QS: I’m not going to lie—sometimes it gets really rough, but it’s all worth it. I’ve learned to prioritize my responsibilities and time manage so my academics always come first.

Her Campus at Florida State University.