Pumpkin Spice Pizza: Has PS Gone Too Far?

Finally, the best time of the year is upon us. Here comes football games, chilly weather, cute sweaters, Halloween costumes, and inevitably—pumpkin spice everything! Once autumn rolls around, a simple trip to the store feels like this crazy pumpkin overload. Pumpkin scents, recipes, and decorations take over everything from the internet to stores. This fall it seems like there is more pumpkin than ever. Each year, more pumpkin spice recipes are unearthed, from the basic pumpkin spice latte that every girl loves to pumpkin spice waffles.

This year the phenomenon has been taken too far. Villa Italian Kitchen is launching their first ever pumpkin spice pizza. How could no one have thought of this before? Well, maybe they did and then they thought “Hey that’s kind of weird.” This one seriously sounds like a joke about how far the trend has gone, but this is for real. It was reported on Today.com, so it is legitimate. Don’t get me wrong, I love a PSL as much as the next girl in line for her fall vibes Snapchat at Starbucks, but this is too much. The slogan for the pizza is “Oh Yes We Did!!” but I’m not sure everyone is quite as excited as they are. I kind of wish they weren’t.

It seems like all stores have that pumpkin scent during this season. It is refreshing to be reminded of the season, however, it can at times be taken too far. Pumpkin spice is all over scents, as well as in foods. While scrolling through Instagram and Pinterest during fall, it appears that more and more different types of pumpkin recipes are created. This year, there has been a superfluous amount of pumpkin spice recipes online. Pumpkin spice cookies, pancakes, cupcakes, cakes, cinnamon rolls, muffins, scones, macaroons, and donuts. As the season progresses, more and more pumpkin recipes are discovered by pumpkin spice lovers. These are normal amounts of sweet savory pumpkin spice yummies. Everyone goes crazy over Starbuck’s signature pumpkin spice latte and look forward to it each year. The pumpkin spice latte was first introduced in the fall of 2003 and since then it has been referred to as the “most popular seasonal beverage of all time,” according to Starbucks. In fact, the pumpkin spice latte is such a big deal it even has its own Twitter account.

Courtesy: Twitter

The pumpkin spice waffles were a surprise to many, but the pumpkin spice craze has definitely been taken to a whole other level! From pumpkin spice Pringles to pumpkin spice Pop Rocks. Who would have ever thought they would see pumpkin spice Pringles on the shelf at Publix? Pumpkin spice is beyond its peak and has reached an exorbitant level. It seems like the pumpkin spice trend is, by no means, slowing down. This fall, be sure to try at least one pumpkin spice recipe or just grab a PSL and call it a day.

Miami, FL 
Her Campus at Florida State University.