The Pros and Cons of Being a Lightweight

As with everything in life, there are two sides to the situation. Whether you’re a lightweight or you know someone who is, there are some pros and cons of not being able too handle much.   

Pro: It costs less to drink

Courtesy: Giphy

“2 for 1 shots” is the best thing anyone could ever say to you. You’re always drinking less, so a night out is usually pretty cheap. This means you can save that money for a big brunch the next day or for an Uber to get home from the random place you woke up at. 

Con: You lose every drinking game

Courtesy: The Odyssey

If you even choose to partake (which is a bold move if you’re a lightweight), you’re probably trashed after the first round of the game. You miss out on all the fun—shotguns, funnels, ice luges, etc.—because you know if you participated, you would die. But hey, someone has to take the Snapchat video.

Pro: It doesn’t take a lot of alcohol to get drunk

Courtesy: Giphy

You don’t have to wait all night to feel a buzz. In fact, it only takes a couple drinks at the pregame for you to be set for the night. Less time spent drinking means more time having fun! 

Con: …It doesn’t take a lot of alcohol to get drunk 

Courtesy: Officeninjas

You seem to never be on quite the same level as anyone. You’re either pacing yourself and far behind or you’ve completely outdone everyone and you’re dancing on tables at the pregame. You’ve also been known to not even make it past the pregame, falling asleep with your head on the toilet while everyone else goes out.

Pro: It’s better for your health

Courtesy: Giphy

It’s no secret that livers get destroyed in college. Luckily, less alcohol means less damage to your body. Fewer beers means fewer calories, so that’s almost like a diet, right?

Con: You can’t go out and have a drink without getting drunk

Courtesy: Giphy

Forget physical health. Sometimes after a long day, you just need a drink or two to keep your mental health in check. Unfortunately, if you’re a lightweight, this isn’t an option. You won’t be found chilling at Madison Social after an exam because those two drinks will have you feeling much more buzzed than you should be on a Wednesday afternoon.

Pro: You never have to be the “mom” of the group

Courtesy: MTV

We all have that one responsible friend that never gets too wasted and always ends up carrying everyone home at the end of the night (thank goodness for that friend). But with you being trashed within the first two hours of the party, you’ll never have to be the one in charge of everybody else.

Whether you’re loving life as a lightweight or trying to boost your tolerance, remember these pros and cons, and drink responsibly! 

Her Campus at Florida State University.