Your New Favorite Song for Every Occasion This Fall

With the fall season in full swing and artists releasing new singles and albums left and right, you may find yourself in need of guidance for what to listen to. Whether you’re in a music slump or simply what to know the best of the best songs to put on for every event, you’ve come to the right place.

Many highly anticipated albums will be released soon, among this list are Taylor Swift’s Midnights, Tove Lo’s Dirt Femme and Arctic Monkeys’ The Car. But until we can get our hands on these new tunes, it’s best to obsess over the hit songs we have now. Personally, I’ve been loving this fall season and the music vibes that have come with it. My own music has been surrounded by a lot of indie rock featuring Peach Pit and girl in red, as well as some all-time favorites from Taylor Swift. The 1975’s just-released Being Funny in a Foreign Language has also been on repeat.

The following list I’ve compiled is what I consider to be some of the best songs for this fall. While my own taste has no doubt influenced some of the picks, I’m sure there’s something for everybody! So, without further ado, I present my music awards for every occasion this fall:

A Chill Morning With Some Pumpkin Cold Brew: “Northern Attitude” by Noah Kahan

I’ll admit this is a new find for me, but it’s been on repeat and is now on almost all my playlists. Listening to this song, you can’t help but feel relaxed and calm. I think it’s the perfect song for when you just wake up and it’s foggy or rainy out. Maybe you throw on this song as you pour your daily cold brew and then proceed to stand and look out the window longingly as if you’re in a movie (just a suggestion).

A Late-night Drive With the Windows Down: “The Color Violet” by Tory Lanez

The Color Violet” has got to be my favorite top pick for this category. With the most chill vibes and relaxed synths, this song is captivating from the start. Lanez has incredible vocals as well and I simply became obsessed with him. If you like The Weeknd, you’ll love Tory Lanez!

A Study Sesh in Strozier: “Overdrive” by Maggie Rogers

From her most recent album, Maggie Rogers’ “Overdrive” has great study potential. It has the perfect vibes for background music and some focused studying. I’d also recommend the rest of her new album, Surrender.

Going on a Hot Girl Walk: “Say It Right” by Nelly Furtado

Just like all the Furtado hits, “Say It Right” is a true classic and a great song for feeling yourself. There can be multiple vibes for a hot girl walk, but personally, I like to be hyped up and confident. “Say It Right” does just this and it’s perfect to have while you’re killin’ it on a walk.

Your Early Morning Pump: “Wide Awake (feat. Charlie Houston)” by ODESZA

From their newest album, The Last Goodbye, ODESZA brings us “Wide Awake.” I love to work out to this song and it gives me so much energy. I want to dance and move around. I feel really energized when I’m in the zone and have this song on. The whole album is amazing and it’s hard to go wrong with ODESZA.

Getting Ready To Go Out on Halloween Night: “Monster” by Lady Gaga

There are quite a few songs titled “Monster” that I had to choose from, including the ones by Kanye West, Rihanna, EXO and more were in the running. It’s hard to not pick the queen of pop herself, Lady Gaga. Not to mention, this song comes off the album entitled The Fame Monster, which I think fits the theme.

A Night in With the Girls: “cowboy like me” by Taylor Swift

Of course, Blondie had to be on here. Even if everyone knows her and this song, that doesn’t make it any less of a perfect fit for a girl’s night in. Now a gal’s night can go two ways: either very chill and classy or a very pumped-up party. This rec is going off the first vibe, a chill night in just relaxing and gossiping.

Pretending You Can Cook While You Bake Pumpkin Bread: “we fell in love in october” by girl in red

Now I’m sure many of you are familiar with this song, (as you should be) but you know, it’s an oldie but a goodie. Much more than a “goodie” to be honest, it’s one of my favorite songs ever. I reserve it exclusively for the fall season because of how many memories I have attached to it. I really envision that when I’m baking. When I’m baking something fall-related, girl in red must be playing.

When You Feel the Seasonal Depression Hitting: “Tommy’s Party” by Peach Pit

Maybe I’m biased because I love Peach Pit so much, but “Tommy’s Party” truly is a masterpiece. I think between the brilliance of the writing and lyrics, this song is just the epitome of emotions. I can’t listen to this without feeling at least some small shred of something. I’m a Peach Pit stan till I die, and I couldn’t recommend this song enough. Please go listen right now!

Linked here is a Spotify playlist of all the songs above along with other great fall classics! I know the overall vibe of these recommendations have been on the chiller side, but honestly, that’s the mood for fall. We all need some more relaxed and emotional tunes this season. That being said, with new unreleased songs, our favorites for these categories are sure to change by the end of the month. Until then, I hope everyone has enjoyed my top picks for this season and maybe found some of their new favorite songs!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Hi, my name is Emily and I'm an Editing, Writing, and Media major at FSU. When I'm not in class, you can find me at a coffee shop on my 3rd cup of coffee. I also love reading, dancing, and anything related to music!