Kayla Bacon-Group Yoga Outdoors
Kayla Bacon-Group Yoga Outdoors
Kayla Bacon / Her Campus
Wellness

What Your Emotional Support Water Bottle Says About You

Over the past couple of years, there’s been a shift from disposable plastic bottles to reusable water bottles to help the environment. But of course, that started a competition to find the best and cutest water bottles. Nowadays, you see everyone on your college campus carrying some sort of water bottle. You may see yourself not being able to leave your home without your water bottle in hand — even if you don’t drink from it, like me. One thing that I have started to notice is how obsessed people are with their water bottles. They often stand by the brand that they use and form a sort of attachment to it. Water bottles seem to have become this generation’s new comfort object. Based on these popular bottle brands that you may own, here’s what I have to say about you.

Hydroflask

The iconic bottle. You probably got this back in 2020 and continue to swear by it. You’re a ride-or-die Hydroflask fan and will most likely be for years to come. Anytime I see someone carrying a Hydroflask, all I can think about is those VSCO girls on TikTok.

Owala

I’m a diehard Owala fan. If you’re like me, you like a versatile water bottle and being able to sip through a straw, while still having the option to chug if needed. You also love all the funky colorways they have. Not to mention how it doesn’t spill. In my opinion, that’s the greatest perk of it.

Flat Water Bottle

You’re ahead of the game. You’re probably in your business era and got this water bottle while looking at purse-packing videos on TikTok.

Starbucks cup

You most definitely bought this because of the brand and design. This cup does leak everywhere and doesn’t keep drinks cold for long periods of time. Other than the iconic Starbucks logo on the side, there really are no perks to this bottle. Admit it, you probably got this for the aesthetics.

Stanley

You got a Stanley Cup at the peak of its popularity. Now, you’re realizing that it’s bulky, heavy, and spills everywhere. You did pay a lot for it though, so you’re determined to get your money’s worth.

Motivational Water Bottle

Let me guess, you probably bought this thinking that it would make you drink more water. Maybe it worked for two days, but after that, you never followed through with it. 

Air Up

You’re probably one of those people who makes not being able to drink water their only personality trait. You hate the flavor and think that using this water bottle and adding all the flavor packets will hide the flavor of the water.

Gallon Bottle

We get it. You go to the gym.

These are just a few bottles that I’ve seen around. No matter which water bottle you use whether it’s a durable steel bottle or a plastic cup, make sure to keep drinking water and stay hydrated!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Jessica is a junior at Florida State University studying Retail Entrepreneurship. She is from Hollywood, FL and in Alpha Omicron Pi.