Style > Fashion

Timeless Halloween Costumes You NEED to Recreate This Year

It is almost Talloween! If you are stressing about what to wear, don’t worry! You are not the only one. I have always felt the pressure to have extravagant and super creative costumes, but being basic is not always bad, especially on a college budget. Here are some timeless costumes that will always be a hit every year.

American Psycho

American Psycho will be an extremely popular costume this year and can easily be recreated. A red tie and a white button-up are two items that can be thrifted at any local Goodwill. A black skirt is an item most can shop for or find in their own closet. A clear raincoat or poncho can be found on Amazon or any drug store nearby. This is a great option if you have to put together a last-minute costume.

Maddy and Cassie from Euphoria

This Euphoria duo is a great costume for you and your best friend. There are plenty of outfits that can be reinvented, whether it is their usual style throughout the show or their cheerleading outfit. When it comes to Maddy, the makeup and accessories are very crucial. She always had some heavy liner or eyeshadow look with slicked back hair and hoops. Cassie usually had a more natural wave in her hair with simpler eye makeup. Whether you decided to dress up as one or the other or partner up with a friend, these costumes give everything and more.

Carrie

The Carrie costume has always been iconic, but ever since Madison Beer did it in 2021, it has become a very popular contender for this year’s Halloween. Grab a small tiara, a lacey pink dress and some fake blood and you’re good to go. This is a costume that is very easy and simple to put together but easily identifiable.

Princess Diaries

This is one of my personal favorites and I think Hailey Bieber did such an amazing job recreating it.  It’s always best to shop your closet first for items you may own already instead of buying everything brand new. A strapless dress with a simple floral pattern is an item you can possibly find in your closet. For accessories, you’ll need small black sunglasses, wired headphones or earphones, arm gloves and a tiara. This costume is adorable and a Disney classic.

Barbie

With the filming of the new Barbie movie featuring Margot Robbie, Barbie is the perfect classic costume to bring back this year. As they are modernizing Barbie, recreating looks from the previews of the movie will be a new take on old over-done Barbie costumes. A pink vest with matching pink bell bottoms and some cowboy boots would be the way to go. As Barbie continues to evolve, so will the costumes.

Every year, people feel so much pressure to have the best costume. But, that really shouldn’t be the point. Remember to choose your costume based on what makes you feel content and confident.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Hey! I am Sophia I was born in Miami but Colombian at heart. I love the world of social media and fashion. I've been a YouTube girl since 2010 so O.G British YouTubers and One Direction are my thing. I hope you enjoy reading my articles!