What Halloween Character You Are Based on Your Major

Halloween is the celebration of horror and all things spooky. It is this time of year when we rewatch and introduce ourselves to all movies of horror and fantasy. While you’re busy watching all of your favorite fall movies, take a look down below to see what Halloweenesque character your major aligns with.

English: Steven Crain from The Haunting of Hill House

Love him or hate him, Steven Crain is arguably the best-known writer in the horror genre. Steven Crain is infamous for indulging in other people’s stories and making them his own, all the while turning a blind eye to reality. You can uncover more about Steven Crain by watching The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix.

Communications: Beetlejuice from Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice embodies the spirit of the Communications major. After all, how many times can one con man talk his way into being useful across the span of only an hour and 32 minutes? Beetlejuice knows his way around a conversation and knows how to ask for what he wants. You can watch Beetlejuice on HBOMax.

Criminology/Criminal Justice: Clarice Starling from Silence of the Lambs

Clarice Starling is criminology. The one and only leading lady to kickstart cinema’s obsession with criminal profiling, Clarice Starling lives and breathes all things criminology and criminal justice. Long before Mindhunter and Criminal Minds, Starling was busy knocking down the doors of bug-obsessed serial killers. You can watch The Silence of The Lambs on Tubi.

Film: The whole group from The Blair Witch Project

The Blair Witch Project is every indie film major’s dream. That being said, every character that held that tiny little camera represents a film major. Those teenagers were grimy, dirty and believed in their low-budget project (maybe a little too much). You can watch The Blair Witch Project on Hulu and HBOMax.

Photography: Emerald Haywood from Nope

One of the newest characters to enter the horror scene, Emerald Haywood might not have a background in photography, but none of that stopped her from taking the titular picture in Jordan Peele’s Nope. Emerald Haywood is what all photographers should strive to be: tenacious, stylish and willing to do whatever it takes to get the perfect shot.

Psychology: Ben Harmon from American Horror Story: Murder House

You can argue that characters like Theo Crain from The Haunting of Hill House and Rose Cotter from Smile make better therapists, but no one does it like Ben Harmon from American Horror Story’s introductory season. He is a force to be reckoned with, someone who has just as many problems as the people he treats, which is not something to be taken lightly. Ben Harmon encompasses all the psychological issues he treats, making him a marvel to all in the field of psychology. You can watch American Horror Story: Murder House on Hulu and Amazon Prime.

Political Science: The Mayor from The Nightmare Before Christmas

The Mayor from The Nightmare Before Christmas may not be the most known character from the infamous Halloween/Christmas crossover movie, but he does leave a mark on the film as a power-hungry and smooth-talking political figure of Halloween Town. A subtle nod to politicians, the Mayor sports two faces on his head to use as he pleases. Political science majors might not have many figures in the horror scene to look up to, but The Mayor is very certainly a prominent figure. You can watch The Nightmare Before Christmas on Disney+.

History: Evelyn O’Connell from The Mummy

You can argue all you want whether The Mummy is a Halloween movie or not, but mummies coming to life in an environment filled with terror and uncertainty is what the spirit of Halloween is all about. Evelyn O’Connell, a librarian, is what every history major should strive to become. A figure of poise, intellect and exceptional fashion taste, she shows strength in knowledge about the past. You can watch The Mummy on Hulu.

Engineering: Seth Brundle from The Fly

One of the most terrifying body horror movies in existence, Jeff Goldblum’s Seth Brundle is a motivated scientist looking for success in his research. Seth Brundle is all STEM all the time. He’s so involved in his work that it transforms him fully. Inventor of a teleportation device, Brundle puts his combined knowledge of molecular physics and modern engineering to transform the fabric of the world. You can watch The Fly on HBOMax.

Business: Jim Evers from The Haunted Mansion

Perhaps one of the most overlooked Halloween movies, The Haunted Mansion is Eddie Murphy at his finest. Jim Evers, the owner of his own real estate business, uses his amicable personality and ambition to bring him straight to the doorstep of Gracey Manor. He is a businessman through and through, someone who is willing to do anything for his business and business partners.

Time for a spooky season movie marathon!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

An FSU student from Jacksonville, Florida, studying Psychology with a minor in Criminology.