Tallahassee has several secret spots that need some more exposure, appreciation and love. One of my favorite spots to visit is Railroad Square Art District. This square found in the center of Tallahassee is home to a number of visually pleasing shops that feature books, clothes, vintage items, fitness programs, animals, good eats and more. Here are the top 10 shops located in this artsy area:

The BeSpoke Rabbit

This little shop sells everything from curated vintage and block prints to jewelry and tote bags. Most of the items found throughout the store are locally made and curated for their customers. This store brings in a new variety of items that you can’t find at other stores.

Harry Smith Outdoors

Are you looking for some adventure? Harry Smith Outdoor has kayak eco-tours and fishing tours available upon request. Their services provide a great way to unwind out in nature or have a rush while you’re hooking a fish on your line.

Prime Tattoo Company

If you are ready to get some permanent ink on your skin, stop by Prime Tattoo Company. Their services include custom tattoo designs in which you get to work with a professional tattoo artist to create your dream tattoo. Whether you are looking to get a big tattoo like a mural or a small tattoo like a script, Prime will supply it.

Talk Lift Heal

Tallahassee’s first trauma-informed gym is a cultivated space for creativity, safety and healing. Better yet – it is open to everyone! This gym is female-owned and operated with the goals of improving mental health, getting physically strong, building connections to last a lifetime, nutritional coaching and more.

The Bee’s Knees

The Bee’s Knees is a cute little boutique that sells sterling silver jewelry, Native American turquoise jewelry and artifacts. Some of their more popular items include their sterling silver rings which vary in color and shape. Some of their top-selling versions lean towards the creative side, with animal-shaped and stone-crested rings.

Railroad Craft House

A popular restaurant found in the center of Railroad Square, Craft House is the go-to for craft beer, wine, cocktails and a variety of food for every meal of the day. Also, they have live events like bingo and bands!

Fat Cat Books

This one is a used bookstore wherein you can catch up on the latest novel while being surrounded by cats. The cats found in this bookstore vary in age and breed and they are all up for adoption. Whether you are looking for an escape from responsibility or to find a new furry friend, this store is for you.

Campus Greek

A Greek life staple, this locally owned custom apparel and embroidery shop caters towards FSU and FAMU. This store offers sorority and fraternity items such as bucket hats, stickers, sweatshirts and more. It is the perfect place to get in tune with your school spirit and represent your Greek organization.

Obsessions Gift Shop

This gift shop is a mother-daughter-owned shop that supports autism and neurodiversity. You can find anything from painting services such as a paint splatter room for $5 for 10 minutes, locally crafted jewelry, vinyls and apparel. Come in to support a great cause!

Chop Barber Shop

A locally owned barber shop where everyone can get their haircut in a fun and safe environment. Whether you or someone you know needs a haircut, you can expect the best from professional barbers who use the finest products and tools.

The stores, boutiques and services are just a few of the wide-ranged selections available at Railroad Square Art District. Don’t forget that on every first Friday of the month Railroad Square’s very own First Friday filled with lively experiences including open shops, live music and food.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Elena is a writer for Her Campus FSU. When she is not slamming words on a keyboard you can find her at the gym, reading books, tuning into her higher self, hanging out with friends, cooking, or laying in bed on Tik Tok.