Over the past few years, podcasts have gained an immense increase in popularity and have become a prominent form of media. Podcasts are not only a great source of entertainment but also can be educational and advocatory tools. Here are my current podcasts that I can’t stop listening to, organized by the day of the week they are released.

Crime Junkie has been my favorite podcast for the last several years. The stories are engaging and informative. I look forward to Monday mornings when I listen to the show as I get ready for class. Each week, the hosts Ashley Flowers and Brit Prawat tell a true crime story ranging from solved and unsolved murders, missing persons cases and infamous true crime cases. They not only tell stories but advocate for the victims and their families, providing resources for listeners to sign petitions and donate to causes.

Also hosted by Ashley Flowers, The Deck is another must-listen podcast. Every Wednesday, Flowers covers an unsolved murder or missing persons case. These cases are featured on playing cards distributed throughout prisons in the United States in an effort to spread awareness about the victims and hopefully gain new leads from inmates who may know valuable information. This podcast features highly under-covered and unreported cases that most of us have never heard of. Flowers uses her large worldwide audience to raise awareness about these cases and generate new momentum to lead to investigation progress.

Julia Fox not only is a fashion icon but also hosts a weekly podcast with Niki Takesh called Forbidden Fruits. Each week, the duo interviews a new guest, ranging from Anna Delvey and Alexis Neiers to Amber Rose to Chloe Cherry. They ask questions that differ from the typical interview questions to deep dive into the lives and backgrounds of their guests and their unique experiences. The podcast is released each Friday with a video option produced by Spotify Studios.

Although this podcast doesn’t release weekly episodes and instead releases seasons containing numerous episodes, I highly recommend listening to Strangeland, as it is an important listen. Journalists Ben Adair and Tinku Ray investigate unsolved cases in immigrant neighborhoods that are not being covered sufficiently in the media. Adair and Ray dive into the investigation and start from the beginning, interviewing witnesses, acquaintances of the victims and press law enforcement for the answers they don’t want to provide. So far, the podcast has two seasons and covers two cases. To find more information about Strangeland and where to listen, visit here.

For some much-needed Friday fun and comedic commentary, Emergency Intercom is my go-to listen on Friday afternoons. The podcast is hosted by Youtubers Enya Umanzor and Drew Phillips. Each episode flies by because it just feels as if you’re talking with friends. Their sarcastic remarks and hilarious stories are sure to brighten your day. On several occasions, I’ve caught myself laughing out loud while listening to the podcast in public.

I highly recommend adding these podcasts to your listening rotation. They are available on Spotify, Apple Podcasts and wherever else you like to listen.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, TwitterTikTokYouTube and Pinterest!

I am a junior at Florida State University studying psychology and minoring in mathematics and communication. I am the Outreach Coordinator at Her Campus FSU. I'm very passionate about art, literature, fashion, pop culture and films!