How Crumbl Cookies Has Changed the Game

Crumbl Cookies has changed the game. As an avid Crumbl eater, the chain has been able to implement so many aspects to their brand, which separates them from any competition they could potentially have.

Weekly Flavors 

To begin, the number one thing Crumbl does, and does well, is having a wide variety of cookies. This is seen every week through the rotation of five of their flavors. The only flavors that consistently stay on the menu are their milk chocolate chip and pink sugar cookies, which are categorized as ‘staples.’ Being able to have a diverse collection of cookies allows Crumbl to be exciting in the eyes of their audience. The cookies of the week are announced every Sunday evening through their official website and mobile app. The anticipation of which cookies will be available in store gets consumers more engaged with the brand as curiosity takes over. The flavors are either completely new (never been made before) or rotations from previous weeks. Some of their rotated flavors of the past include Key Lime Pie, Pink Donut and New York Cheesecake, just to name a handful. 

Media Press

The weekly flavors not only reel in attention from the media, but it also brings in press, whether good or bad. On the social media platform TikTok, thousands of people will upload videos of them taste-testing the Crumbl cookies of the week. In the videos, they usually will rate the cookies on a scale of one to 10. The videos tend to go viral which keeps Crumbl’s name in the mouths of so many people worldwide. While this seems outwardly positive, sometimes the brand reaps negativity from these posts. For example, back in 2022, Crumbl released the weekly flavor ‘Everything Almost Bagel,’ which was a part of their breakfast-themed lineup. While I personally never tried it, millions of other people did, and let’s just say many weren’t too fond of it. Crumbl was a running joke on the internet during that week, as many couldn’t believe they would release a tasteless cookie like that. 

However, despite the potential backlash they could receive, Crumbl is still receiving loads of attention from their target audience and people are hearing more about the brand.  

Social Media and Branding 

It cannot be denied that Crumbl has an exemplary social media presence. They are very good at curating content that is appealing and eye-catching for their audience. With over millions of followers on each of their platforms, Crumbl has the power to enhance engagement and build awareness of their products. Crumbl is a good source to look at when viewing successful examples of earned and owned media. Every Sunday night, when the new flavors are announced, Crumbl uploads a fast-paced, visually aesthetic video that encapsulates the weekly flavors and their ingredients. This helps people feel more connected to the brand and products. 

Overall, Crumbl has done a superb job in differentiating themselves from other cookie and dessert brands, which has allowed them to thrive in the market. There should be at least one Crumbl in a city near you, so I encourage you to head over if you can! For any FSU students reading this article specifically, there is a Crumbl located just a little off campus on Tennessee Street. Go check it out!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Leann Taylor is a student at Florida State University who's currently pursuing a double major in Marketing and Advertising. In her free time she loves making jewelry, taking pictures, eating anything sweet, and traveling!