It’s officially October which means it’s time for a full-on Halloween frenzy. There’s no better way to ring in the spooky season than with a Halloween movie marathon! Sure, 13 Nights of Halloween is always an option, but this movie marathon list will be the perfect excuse to have a spooktacular night in with friends. So grab your pumpkin and ghost sugar cookies from Publix and get spooky this October!

The Addams Family

Courtesy: Syfy Wire

Kicking off this marathon is the ICONIC Halloween movie we all know and love. The Addams Family has been a cinematic treasure since its release in 1991, and we can’t have a marathon without it. The OTT outfits and serious #looks served by Christina Ricci and Anjelica Huston have made this movie a cult classic in the fashion world as well. Plus, we can’t deny that we’ve all wanted to be Wednesday Addams for Halloween…

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Courtesy: Wikipedia

The Nightmare Before Christmas is easily one of the most popular holiday films of all times, not only for Halloween but for Christmas as well. This classic film has stolen the hearts of multiple generations for its brilliant music, aesthetic and witty humor. Throw in the cutest Halloween pupper ever, Zero, and you’ve got a brilliant movie adored by millions. This movie is sure to be a hit at any movie marathon!

Hocus Pocus

Courtesy: Bustle

Let’s face it, when you think of Halloween movies, one film is sure to pop into everyone’s mind. Hocus Pocus is the pinnacle of popular Halloween cinematography since its release in 1993. This year marks the 25th anniversary of the legendary film and it’s just as loved as ever. No Halloween marathon is truly complete without the Sanderson sisters so make sure this movie is on your list!

Twitches

Courtesy: TV Guide

Once upon a time when Disney Channel was serving us the highest quality entertainment, they created this iconic film. Twitches is easily one of the best Halloween movies of all time. Yes, I said it. No, I did not stutter. The existence of a Halloween movie marathon without this gem would be downright offensive. Tia and Tamera Mowry showed us the power of sisterhood as well as the power of…well, powers, in this throwback classic and I can’t imagine Halloween without it.

Halloweentown

Courtesy: EW

Halloween literally does not exist without Halloweentown, NOT vice versa. With three (technically four but we don’t talk about that last one) hit movies starring our favorite witches Marnie and Aggie, you could watch these films for hours on end. The characters in this film have become memorable parts of our childhood and watching these films takes us back to the good old days. The good old days being the days we were young enough to still trick or treat! This series of classic movies could be a marathon in and of itself, let’s be honest.

I'm a senior from Miami, FL majoring in Public Relations and pursuing a Master's degree in Integrated Marketing Communication. Think of me as the love child of Samantha Jones & Carrie Bradshaw, plus throw in a little Cuban spice.
Her Campus at Florida State University.