Pablo Perez Talks Relationships, Football, Insta Filters & More

Name: Pablo Perez

Hometown: Miami, FL

Year: Sophomore

Major: Business Marketing

Relationship Status: Taken

Her Campus (HC): Why did you choose FSU?

Pablo Perez (PP): Florida State had everything I was looking for in a college campus – it even looked traditional with the brick layout. It’s the perfect distance away from home – seven hours away. It was time to get out of the house. Shout out to my mom; love you.

HC: Was moving seven hours away a hard transition?

PP: I’ve been waiting since high school for college to start. So moving away and the first week of college was one of the most exciting times for me. A lot of people were anxious in general, but I was looking forward to doing everything myself.

HC: How did you get involved at Florida State?

PP: I’m a member of the Zeta Beta Tau fraternity. Last year I was given the opportunity to participate in Dance Marathon and it was one of the most eye-opening charity events I have ever participated in. Everything about DM is 150% effort and everyone is so motivating. I really hope to be a part of DM again and want to be a captain someday.

HC: What advice do you give to incoming freshmen?

PP: Make a bucket list of things they want to accomplish their first semester here at FSU because this is the time to make memories.

HC: Are you excited for football season?

PP: Yeah, I’m a big Miami Dolphins fan. Oh did you mean FSU? There are so many things! I am slowly changing my roots from a UM fan to a die-hard ‘Nole, one game day at a time. I love how we always win every game because I’m super competitive and hate losing.

HC: I want to hear more about your girlfriend! What’s your favorite thing about her?

PP: I really appreciate how patient she is with me, especially when I get hyper. And, she is always there to talk my ear off.

HC: What advice do you give to people in long distance relationships?

PP: Here are two things we do that I feel are crucial. First, we have an online Google calendar synced with both of our schedules for each month. If there is anything important (like formals or big events) that we want each other to be in town for, we put it on the calendar so we can plan a ride ahead of time. Second, ee make sure to see each other at least once every other weekend. We take turns driving so it’s fair. These visits are crucial because I’m such a bad texter.

HC: What’s the best date you guys have ever been on?

PP: This summer we went to Toronto, Canada, where we took a subway into the city of Toronto. We rented bikes, went sight seeing and finished the night off bar-hopping on bikes. We documented the entire day on my GoPro.

HC: Time for the random questions. What is more important on Instagram: a filter or good caption?

PP: Definitely a good caption. Captions and funny location are must-haves. Checkout mine: @pablo_1222

HC: Are you messy or clean?

PP: When I’m in a rush (which is most of the time) I throw my clothes everywhere. I make sure to clean it up within a day or two. I like to keep it tidy.

HC: Choose one: Leach or HWC.

PP: Leach! I’m going right after this.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

PP: Dressing up in a business suit everyday, being a part of corporate America. I want to be a lawyer, maybe for a magazine company or entertainment business. Hopefully, I’ll move out to Cali and buy a house on the beach. I want to end each day on the beach, surfing.

Taylor is a sophomore at the Florida State University. She enjoys Thai food, sunshine and when guac doesn’t cost extra. If you can’t find her around campus she is most likely in bed watching Parks and Rec on repeat. She is on the eternal search for the indie bearded Chuck Bass & is currently accepting applications. She has (finally) chosen to pursue a degree in Editing, Writing, and Media!!
Her Campus at Florida State University.