One Lucky Guest Got the Chance to Stay in Barbie’s Dreamhouse

You’ve played with Barbies as a kid, you’ve always wished for the pink Jeep, you’ve played dress-up, hairstylist and makeup artist. But have you ever wondered what it’s like to LIVE Barbie’s life? Now, every little girl’s dream is turned into a reality. In honor of Barbie’s 60th anniversary, Airbnb announced that the real-life version of Barbie’s Malibu Dreamhouse in Malibu, California was available to rent out for a two-night stay. One lucky guest won the opportunity to experience the vacation of their dreams. According to Barbie on Airbnb.com, “This is a once-in-a-lifetime chance, which means the Dreamhouse will only be booked once. My Dreamhouse is the perfect place to be inspired and to learn new things. I hope it will feel like your Dreamhouse, too.”

Courtesy: Romper

The house is located right next to the Malibu pier on the water. It is complete with two bedrooms and two bathrooms. The house is three stories and has an ocean view from almost every room. This picturesque setting is perfect for getting all the classic California vibes you could dream of.

Since the opportunity to rent the Dreamhouse was only being offered once, there were lots of special opportunities that came with booking this house. Barbie said upon arrival, one of her friends would greet you and show you around. She also said that her friends would stop by throughout the weekend. Some of the opportunities described include, “Learn how to fence with Ibtihaj Muhammad, create an exquisite meal in my fully stocked kitchen with Chef Gina Clarke-Helm, get a makeover with hairstylists from Mane Addicts Creator Collective while meeting with celebrity hairstylist and girl boss Jen Atkin and even take a trip to the Columbia Memorial Space Center with pilot and aerospace engineer Jill Meyers.” 

Courtesy: Dezeen

The house also has many amenities. There is an infinity pool complete with a waterslide that overlooks the Pacific Ocean. The house also includes a fire pit for making smores and even a movie theatre in the house. There is a hot tub, and beach equipment also provided including sunscreen, beach towels and snorkels. Of course, it wouldn’t be a Barbie Dreamhouse without the color pink. The entire house has pink accents all over. The bedrooms are perfectly detailed, complete with walk-in closets with all the clothes and accessories you could imagine. There is a gym with pink weights and mats to workout in. The kitchen has pink pots and pans, of course. 

Courtesy: Dezeen

On Oct. 23, one lucky guest booked this fabulous Airbnb. It has not yet been revealed to the public who it is. Since only one guest had the opportunity to rent out the Dreamhouse, of course, this event was heavily documented. Throughout the stay, a personal photographer was present to capture all the memories that were made in the house. Barbie advised guests to make sure to “dress your best.” Keep your eyes peeled on social media to see even more pictures of this beautiful house. Additionally, Airbnb is donating to The Barbie Dream Gap Project on the guest’s behalf. The goal of The Barbie Dream Gap Project is, “to level the playing field for girls by providing tools, resources and support to organizations on the ground working to change the lives of girls around the world.”

Courtesy: Dezeen

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Sarah is a Sophomore at Florida State University, pursuing a degree in Advertising and Hospitality. In her free time, she enjoys going to concerts and taking pictures.
Her Campus at Florida State University.