The Office may be over, but that doesn’t mean the cast is over it just yet. Talk about a revival for the show has been circulating since the show’s cancellation in 2013, which left many wondering what’s next for the series. Now, a new reboot of sorts may be coming to an app store near you featuring your favorite receptionist and Shrute-loving duo.

The new Office Ladies podcast starring Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey is set to come out Oct. 16 on Earwolf featuring the pair discussing a different episode each week. The former Office stars and in real-life best friends will offer behind-the-scenes details and as Fischer stated “trivia… the kind of stuff that only two people who were there can know.”

Along with giving inside commentary about the series, you can expect them to tell all about their daily lives. Kinsey said, “there’ll be lots of behind-the-scenes stories and lots of us just being BFFs.” If you want a look into the actual characters, this podcast is definitely for you. Even if you aren’t an avid fan of The Office, it should still be an entertaining podcast filled with all kinds of laughter.

As the show approaches its 15th anniversary, it only seems fitting for these two leading gals to come together and give the fans what they want. The show’s fans are still active and don’t look like they’re going to forget about it any time soon.

Courtesy: Giphy

So, what about a reboot of The Office?

It’s harder to think of reasons why not to reboot The Office than reasons to bring it back. The massive following around the show has millions buying Dunder Mifflin merch to this day. Even the cast misses the show.

Back in 2018, Carell was questioned about the reboot leaving many fans surprised with what he had to say. He believes that it isn’t a good idea. “There’s a very high awareness of offensive things today” – relating this to his then character Michael Scott. Steve Carell may have made some points, but that still leaves many wanting their favorite character back on screen.

Even though Carell has some reservations, he is one of the few cast members to feel that way. Most cast members would like to see the return of the show like John Krasinski, otherwise known as Jim Halpert, who is open to the idea.

Cast members are eager for the show’s return with many of them constantly interacting and supporting each other in all their new business ventures. Some of the cast members may be more excited about the podcast than we are with many of them tweeting about their excitement surrounding it.

Courtesy: Twitter

We may not be getting the long-awaited reboot at least we have an Office-themed podcast starring these two leading women on Oct. 16.    

Janelle is a Mass Media Communications and International Affairs student at Florida State University. She loves binging youtube videos and can be seen watching anything from animation reviews to conspiracy theories. If you ever want to talk Film, Janelle is your gal.
Her Campus at Florida State University.