Culture > News

Should Your Hubs Most Hated Influencer Be Yours too?

Styledbyshishi, or Shiran, is a luxury and motherhood influencer. She has three kids, is a stay-at-home mother and is now a content creator. Her followers include over 111K on Instagram as well as over 102K on TikTok. In the past, many people have posed questions regarding how her lavish lifestyle is funded. Some of her last posts on Instagram include products from Cartier, multiple Hermes Birkin bags and various other designer products.

Much of Shiran’s content is about how to play the Hermes “game,” a popular term coined for the dedication needed to be offered the elusive Birkin or Kelly bag. These bags are notoriously hard to acquire since the process typically includes creating a relationship with a sales associate of the store, buying products from every department and becoming a repeat brand customer. The bags range in price from $8,500 to over $300,000. But due to their limited quantity, in order to even be offered the chance to purchase a bag a customer has to spend thousands more on other products to show brand loyalty.

People began to get curious about Shiran’s life when they noticed that as she often posts with her children, the pictures are always missing her husband, whom she constantly refers to in posts. Someone on Reddit then released information on Shiran’s husband, Daniel Melamed. According to the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, “Daniel Melamed, a/k/a “Danny,” a real estate developer in New York City, was sentenced to 66 months in federal prison for participating in a conspiracy to commit arson in which he directed that multiple fires be set at residential buildings whose occupants he wished to vacate in order to develop the premises.”

U.S. Attorney Audrey Strauss commented, “Almost a decade ago, Daniel Melamed decided that he could use his power and influence as a real estate developer to burn families out of their homes, homes that he wanted to develop and flip at a profit. As he learned when he was first arrested almost two years ago and was reminded again today, we will fight fire with fire, and together with our partners in the ATF, the NYPD, and the FDNY bring to justice anyone who seeks to terrorize the members of this community through arson. And if you are a real estate developer in this city and think that you are above the law, then think again, unless you want to see your own plans go up in smoke.” Before this run-in with the law, Melamed also had previous offenses, including but not limited to mortgage fraud, grand theft and forgery.

Shiran’s response to all of this information eventually came to light through an Instagram story featuring a new baby blue Chanel purse with the caption “no tears, only lawsuit for slander, bullying and harassment.”

Within the last three days, Shiran has also made her TikTok account private, only to be accessed by her 102K followers.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Jessica is a junior at Florida State University studying Retail Entrepreneurship. She is from Hollywood, FL and in Alpha Omicron Pi.