Harry Styles performing at Harry Styles: Love On Tour.
Original photo by Olivia Slater

Harry Styles’ Career Continues To Expand With New Role in Marvel Movie

After the recent premiere of Marvel’s new movie The Eternals, multiple reports have confirmed that Harry Styles was seen in the post-credit scene as the character Eros, Thanos’ brother. This character is said to have powers that control people’s emotions and pleasure centers—powers that Harry Styles is rumored to have as well. Although there had been clues circulating about this role, it came as a surprise to Marvel and Harry Styles fans.

Matt Donnelly, a Variety writer, was the main source that took to Twitter to confirm the news. Once the news hit, fans of the franchise could not stop talking about it, causing the topic to trend on Twitter for two days.

This is Styles’ second movie appearance, his first being in Christopher Nolan’s 2017 film Dunkirk, which won multiple Academy Awards. This character, however, provides much more opportunity for Styles as an actor, as most Marvel actors have a history of getting signed on for numerous movies since the Marvel Cinematic Universe is so interconnected.

The singer is also starring in Olivia Wilde’s upcoming film Don’t Worry Darling alongside Florence Pugh, which officially wrapped filming in February of this year and has a projected release date of Sep. 23, 2022. In June of this year, filming wrapped for Styles’ other movie, Michael Grandage’s My Policeman, which is an adaptation of the book by Bethan Roberts and is anticipated to be released sometime in 2022.

Since finishing filming for his multiple roles this year, Harry Styles has been on tour, titled “Love on Tour,” for his second album Fine Line. The tour was postponed twice, the European tour three times, due to COVID-19 and this led many fans to question whether the tour would occur at all, especially after Styles’ multiple different movie obligations. But the tour started on Sep. 4 as planned, and at every show during his scheduled speech Styles reassures fans that touring is his “favorite thing to do” and he is “not going anywhere.”

This is Styles’ second tour since the split of his previous band One Direction, who were together for six years. Harry Styles released his self-titled debut album just one year after the band’s split and he has since had worldwide success that enabled “Love on Tour” to be an international stadium tour. He has had extensive success both independently and while in the band, so many wonder why he has decided to broaden his career by acting as well. In 2017 he told Vanity Fair, “I started acting when I was younger in school. I’ve always liked it and have always been a massive fan of movies.”

Though fans were worried this was a career shift, it is just a career expansion, which he has also done in the world of fashion. He has always had a noticeably spectacular style, but his passion became apparent when he was seen on the cover of Vogue in 2020 and said, “Clothes are there to have fun with and experiment with and play with.” Styles works closely with stylist Harry Lambert for all his stage outfits as well as his attire for events. The pair work together to create an inspiring vision that represents the versatility of Harry Styles through clothing.

This new role as Eros is just the next step for Styles, but it most definitely isn’t the last. The man became a household name long ago, but his legacy is not nearly over. He can balance success across multiple different industries, with complete dedication to each, and will almost certainly continue to cross over to even more industries in the future.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Sophie Roguski is a Junior at Florida State University, majoring in International Affairs, with a minor in Hospitality Management. She loves romcoms, celebrity gossip, and has a strong desire to travel more.