New Valet Service Relieves Parking Dilemmas

Many FSU students have felt the hopelessness that comes with failing to find parking on campus. The overwhelming frustration drives many back home, causing them to miss classes. Luckily, two recent FSU graduates, Kyle Taylor, and partner Walter Greenwood have come to the rescue. As co-owners of On The Spot Parking, which caters to many nearby businesses, the clever entrepreneurs have created a valet service, located in the roundabout next to the Woodward Avenue parking garage, catering to students, staff, and visitors to the university.
 As a stress free alternative to the sometimes hours spent searching for parking, the service runs from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., costing $5 for up to three hours and $10 for anything more, cash and credit cards accepted. Grandiose is the option for customers to text the kiosk to have their car ready and waiting upon their return, an exclusive amenity of the service. “The impossible parking situation on campus has unfortunately caused me to miss several of my classes,” said junior Lauren Santiesteban. “This valet service has been a dream come true.”
 According to the Tallahassee Democrat, it was stated the service handled 60 to 70 cars during its first week of operation, and at least 20 cars were parked during an hour -ong reporter’s visit.  A surefire hit among time-crunched students, the service is also popular amongst those willing to shell out the cash for a guaranteed space. It’s a comforting feeling to know the woes of campus parking are a thing of the past. For more information, visit parking.fsu.edu.

Jena LaMendola is a senior at Florida State University. She is studying editing, writing and media with a minor in communications. With a love for the new social medias around her and an interest in using them as well as the fundamentals of rhetoric she hopes to continue her studies in graduate school for public relations. Jena is originally from Manhattan, New York but grew up in south Florida. She has worked various internships and is on the writing, editing and public relations staff for Florida State's Clutch fashion magazine. Jena LaMendola was the former lead writer for her school's Her Campus branch and is excited to work with her fellow Campus Coorespondent to build and promote the FSU branch to the fullest. Jena loves fashion and the business behind it. She has previously worked as a PR intern for a company whose clients included a New York wedding dress designer as well as an intern for Mercedes- Benz Fashion Week. Jena hopes to bring her talents in writing and editing to her school's Her Campus branch and is excited for the school year.