Now that Spotify wrapped has come out, I think it is time to look through my Spotify playlist and start a new one! My Wrapped was different from last year, with an aura of wistfulness and hopeless romanticism. 

My Wrapped 

My top three artists were Lewis Capaldi, 5 Seconds of Summer and P!nk.

Lewis Capaldi has one album that was released in 2019 called Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent, along with a few singles and a couple of EPs. Some of his songs that I played the most were “Grace,” “Mercy,” “Before You Go” and “Tough”. Three are from the album and two of them are EPs. 

5 Seconds of Summer has four albums released from 2014 to 2020 called 5 Seconds of Summer, Sounds Good Feels Good, Youngblood and C A L M. They have also released around 15 singles and seven EPs. Some of the songs I played were “ Safety Pin,” “Ghost Of You” and “Lover Of Mine.” 

P!nk has released eight albums from 2000 to 2019 called Can’t Take Me Home, M!ssundaztood, Try This, I’m Not Dead, Funhouse, The Truth About Love, Beautiful Trauma and Hurts 2B Human. She has also released around 53 singles. The songs that I have most played are “Raise Your Glass,” “F**kin’ Perfect” and “Blow Me (One Last Kiss).” 

My top three songs were “Take on the World” by You Me At Six, “From Eden” by Hozier and “Sour Patch Kids” by Bryce Vine.

My Playlists

I honestly could use some guidance on my playlists, but for now, I think I’ll share the titles and the vibes of the playlists I currently have.

Oldies: This consists of a lot of well-known songs that I haven’t heard in a while that put me in a throwback mood and make me want to dance. One of my favorites is “Play That Funky Music” by Wild Cherry. It also consists of a lot of early 2000s music.

When Driving: This consists of songs I feel the need to sing as loud as I want when I’m driving and can’t where I live. It also consists of a lot of songs that I associate with driving with my windows down and beach vibes. 

2021: This consists of songs I found or started listening to a lot during the year. It is my biggest playlist and honestly has no set feeling. It is just there because I didn’t feel like organizing my playlists. Oops! 

Those Days: This consists of songs I like to listen to when I’m feeling down or sometimes reading. 

On Repeat: This is the Spotify playlist curated to what I listen to the most recently. It is my most played playlist and consists of a variety of songs. All of which I would also scream while driving :). 

I will forever be grateful for Spotify giving playlists that are curated to what I have been listening to and suggesting songs similar to them. It is honestly one of the ways I find most of my new songs nowadays!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

FSU student majoring in Psychology currently on the pre-med track. I love the Fine Arts, specifically dance, which has been a part of my life since the age of three. I enjoy music, tv, and have found a new joy in writing and reading.