Growing up, one of my favorite things to do was go to the movies with my grandma. We would go on Tuesdays or Saturdays every week around 7 p.m. and I would always get a blue slushie and she would get a popcorn, which I would also end up eating halfway through the movie. The movies became a place I could lose myself and step into another world full of fantasy, action, horror and romance.

As I continue to get older my love for cinematography—the ability to experience a new story, a new world—grew. As did my love for blue slushies, much to my grandmother’s displeasure. For all my other movie lovers—and blue slushie lovers—these are my five most anticipated releases of February 2022!

1. Jackass Forever

Release Date: Feb. 4, 2022
This is going to be a comedy you don’t want to miss! Welcome back the original MTV Jackass cast to the big screen as they take us on a crazy adventure full of laughs, pranks and of course, wildly dangerous stunts! I remember growing up and watching this on MTV with my mother when she got home, we would always end up crying laughing because it was so funny, I know I can expect that on Feb. 4! Who couldn’t use a good laugh?
Starring: Johnny Knoxville, Steve-o, Preston Lacy, Jason “wee-man” Acuna, etc.!

2. Moonfall

Release Date: Feb. 4, 2022
If you are a lover of science fiction, adventure, action and Halle Berry, you’ll want to add this movie to you to- watch list! This film is giving big 2012 and Battleship vibes. When the moon is knocked out of orbit and sent spiraling towards earth, NASA Executive and former astronaut JO Fowler (Halle Berry), an astronaut from her past and a conspiracy theorist team up and head to space to save earth from this invading force!
Starring: Halle Berry, Patrick Wilson and John Bradley

3. Death of the Nile

Release Date: Feb. 11, 2022
This murder mystery is going to be thrilling. This plays off the director, Kenneth Branagh’s film Murder on the Orient Express—a film I found absolutely captivating. Set in the beautiful Egyptian dessert on a river steamer, this vacation honeymoon takes a darker turn as the search for a murder abroad begins.
Starring: Kenneth Branagh, Gal Gadot, Annette Benning, Russell Brand, Rose Leslie and Letitia Wright.

4. Dog

Release date: Feb. 18, 2022
For the lovers of Marley & Me, Max, and Hachi: A dog’s tale, this is one heartwarming film you won’t want to miss. U.S. Army Ranger Briggs (Channing Tatum) is assigned with driving Lulu from Washington to Arizona to attend his past handler’s funeral. Along the way, Lulu and Briggs go on a crazy journey filled with adventure, rule breaking, arguments, love and the second chance at happiness for them both.
Starring: Channing Tatum, Eric Urbiztondo and Jane Adams

5. Uncharted

Release Date: Feb. 18, 2022
I know we all just saw and loved the most recent Spider-man, but that isn’t the only action-packed movie Tom Holland has been working on! In Tom Holland’s new movie Uncharted, he plays Nathan Drake, a thief who is recruited for a simple heist that goes wrong. This job turns into an action-packed worldwide race with his recruiter Victor “Sully” Sullivan (Mark Wahlberg) in their search for a $5 billion dollar treasure.
Starring: Tom Holland, Mark Wahlberg and Antonio Banderas

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Hi! I’m Arya, a Junior at Florida State University majoring in Anthropology and Studio Art