Meet Trevor Viner- Award Winning Filmmaker

Meet Trevor Viner, a film student here at FSU. Although you may not recognize his name yet, it will be a name you will want to remember. In just his first year here at FSU he has been accepted into Florida State’s College of Motion Picture Arts and recently placed 1st place at the Palm Beach International Film Festival Student Showcase of Films.

Year in college: Freshman

Major: Film production

Hometown: Fort Lauderdale

Organization involved with on campus: Alpha Delta Phi

Her Campus (HC): How long have you been involved with filmmaking?

Trevor Viner (TV): I’ve been taking film classes and making films with my friends since sophomore year of high school

HC: How did it feel to be accepted into FSU’s College of Motion Picture Arts?

TV: FSU film school was always a dream of mine and I always knew how much of a long shot it was to get in. It didn’t matter to me. I applied as a senior in high school and got into FSU, but I was denied to the film school. I decided to still attend Florida State with full intentions of putting all my eggs in one basket and applying again as a “transfer student” into the film school. I was extremely blessed to be admitted and excited was an understatement when I found out.

HC: Talk about your short film that just won first place.

TV: My film that recently one first place was a short film I made senior year of high school with a bunch of my friends. The script and the content meant a lot to me and I had a blast making the film come to life.

HC: Do you have any future plans for more film festivals, or any projects in the works?

TV: I am very excited for the opportunities I’ll have in the FSU film program to make things and I’ll definitely want to send them to festivals!

HC: What would be your ultimate dream job after graduation? 

TV: My ultimate dream job is to someday work as a head cinematographer on something big! Not necessarily a high budget Hollywood film, but something that impacts a lot of people and stands for something important.

When I asked Trevor if I could interview him for Her Campus his humble reply was “Why would you want to interview ME for campus celeb?”  Well Trevor, that award for your film speaks for itself, and while you are only in your first year here at FSU we can’t wait to see what new accomplishments the Film Department and your talents bring you next!

Check out his short film here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfN3iWacccg

Hannah is a southern girl from the sunshine state who keeps J.Crew and Ralph Lauren in business with her shopping habits, and likes to spend her summers strolling through Central Park. She's an Editing, Writing, and Media Major with a minor in International Affairs. When she's not writing and editing for Her Campus, she is working at other publications on campus and holding a position in her sorority, Delta Delta Delta. She binge watches One Tree Hill and Gossip Girl like it is her job, and considers peanut butter a food group. Hannah is going to change the world someday, she just doesn't know how yet. Follow her on twitter @hannahbeery for some tweets you won't be able to get enough of.