Name: Kalani Peirce

Age: 20

Year: Junior

Hometown: Vero Beach, FL

Major: Public Relations

Relationship Status: In a committed relationship

Involvement on campus:

2014 Vice President of Membership for Panhellenic Association at FSU

Delta Zeta Sorority

Participant in the 2014 Recruitment Task Force

Member of Phi Eta Sigma National Honors Society

Member of The National Society of Collegiate Scholars

Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA)

Currently works at the FSU Sports Information Office

Her Campus (HC): What are your responsibilities as Vice President of Membership for FSU Panhellenic?

Kalani Peirce (KP): As Vice President of Membership, I’m responsible for facilitating biweekly meetings with the 17 Recruitment Chairs of each Panhellenic organization, and guiding them as they grow in their leadership roles. The recruitment staff and I are responsible for organizing and executing a Potential New Member Orientation and Formal Recruitment. Our goal is to instill confidence in both active members of our community, as well as the potential new members. My assistant, Mandi Vossman, and I work with the Head Recruitment Counselor, Maria Stamatogiannakis, and Assistant Head Recruitment Counselor, Sam Goldmacher, to prepare a positive recruitment experience for everyone. I also work with the 2014 Executive Board to continue to strengthen and improve the Panhellenic and Greek Life Community.

HC: What are some of your goals as Vice President of Membership?

KP: As the 2014 Vice President of Membership, I am striving to make positive and beneficial changes to the Panhellenic Recruitment Process. I hope to instill confidence in both our community’s current chapter members, as well as in the potential new members. I hope to create an environment for the 2014 Recruitment Chairs to grow as leaders of their individual organizations so that our community can strengthen as a whole. Also, I hope to make the appropriate changes to the recruitment process so that our community continues to make the push towards a values-based recruitment.

HC: What do you like most about being a student at Florida State?

KP: The best part about being a student at Florida State University is the traditions that we uphold and the passion we have for academics, service, and, of course, athletics. My father and older brother attended FSU, and I have been a devoted FSU athletic fan ever since I can remember. Athletics is where my passion for FSU began, but since becoming a student I have realized that the opportunities this university offers are incredible. There is a place for everyone in the FSU community.

HC: What do you like to do in your free time?

KP: When I’m not planning recruitment or studying I enjoy spending time with close friends. That usually includes dinner dates at Masa or a quick trip through the Chick-Fil-A drive-thru for late night ice cream. I also love going to FSU athletic events such as football, basketball, and baseball. When I’m back in my hometown, I enjoy going to the beach and doing water activities like snorkeling and fishing.

HC: Do you have any quirks to your personality?

KP: We are all a little weird, but I would say the number one quirk to my personality is my dance moves. When caught on the dance floor, my friends like to nickname me “the noodle.”   

HC: Who is your celebrity guy crush and why?

KP: Although he recently passed away, Paul Walker has and always will be my celebrity crush. Into the Blue and all Fast and Furious movies are my favorites. And let’s not forget his exceptional good looks.

HC: What are your favorite TV shows?

KP: Scandal, Revenge, That 70’s Show, Friends, and Law and Order SVU

HC: What’s something most people don’t know about you?

KP: I have always possessed a passion for athletics. During middle school and high school, I played lacrosse for a combined total of eight years. At Vero Beach High School, I won four State Championships and almost went to college to play Division 1 lacrosse.

HC: What is one piece of advice you would give to freshmen starting at FSU?

KP: If I could give one piece of advice to freshman starting at Florida State I would encourage them to take advantage of every opportunity that is presented to them. These four years of college go by extremely quick. Challenge yourself to take on roles that you never thought you were capable of achieving, and indulge in all that the FSU community has to offer.

Her Campus at Florida State University.