Her Campus (HC): Where are you from?

Jackson Harris (JH): Tampa.

HC: What are you studying and what do you hope to do with it?

JH: Urban and Regional/Transportation Planning. I hope to someday run a public transit agency or an airport.

HC:  If you could have dinner with any fictional character who would it be and why?

JH: Hank Hill because why not.

HC: Are you taken or single?

JH: Single.

HC: Where is your favorite place to travel to?

JH: Boston or Epcot.

HC: Would you rather win an all-expense paid trip to the beach or the mountains?

JH: Mountains. Lived in Florida my entire life…. the beach bores me to tears. Now mountains, those are cool.

HC: If you could be a sidekick to any superhero who would it be and why?

JH: Once again, Hank Hill.

HC: What is one piece of advice you would give to a large crowd?

JH: Prepare for the worst, expect the best.

HC: What would you do if you won the lottery?

JH: I feel like I’m supposed to say, “Donate it all to charity,” so yeah we can go with that…

HC: What is your favorite part about attending Florida State?

JH: The city of Tallahassee, the campus, and the diverse people.

HC: What is one thing you cannot live without?

JH: Music… not to sound cliché.

HC: What is your favorite animal?

JH: Beta fish. They’re easy. And I’m lazy.

HC: What is your biggest fear?

JH: The shower head breaking off and hitting me in the head. I’m not kidding.

HC: What is your ideal date?

JH: Driving around, going to a museum or play or festival… anything other than “dinner and a movie.”

HC: What five songs would you put on a road trip playlist?

JH: Just five songs? Is this just a drive to the grocery store or something? Fine, uh…”In Old England Town” by the Electric Light Orchestra, “Josie” by Steely Dan, “LA Woman” by The Doors, “Heartbreaker” by Led Zeppelin and (of course) “Dangerous Posse” by Three 6 Mafia. 

Hi, my name is Hilary. I am a graduate student at The Florida State University, studying Urban and Regional Planning. I completed my undergraduate studies in International Affairs. I am very interested in global issues and plan to join the Peace Corps in 2014. I enjoy spending time with friends, music, movies, and following my favorite sports teams.
Her Campus at Florida State University.