Meet Campus Cutie Khadijah Templier

Name: Khadijah Templier

Major: English Education with a Minor in Child Development

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Coral Springs, FL

Relationship Status: Single

What sign are you? I am a proud Leo!

Her Campus (HC): What’s your favorite holiday?

Khadijah Templier (KT): My favorite holiday hands down has to be Christmas! It’s the feel of family and love and the warmth from within a household in that cold winter season but also the warmth of love that just radiates during that time. I love it!

(HC): What do you want to do when you graduate?

(KT): I want to teach English Honors or AP English to High School seniors, regardless of the environment in which the school will be in. But before this, move into my own apartment, since HGTV has been way too inspiring these past few years.

(HC): What do you like to do in your free time?

(KT): In my free time I like to sleep, cook and/or listen to music! I think that these are simple pleasures, and really just make me calm in my fast paced weekdays and nights.

(HC): What’s your favorite thing about FSU?

(KT): My favorite thing about FSU is how modern and trailblazing we are as a university. On a day to day basis I see students around me analyzing our society and finding ways to make change and I think that as a university we focus on starting the change within, which in my perspective is the best way to start a new page or chapter in our society and within our generation.(HC): What are you involved in on campus?

(KT):  I am involved in the Women Student Union, Poetic Lyricism, and I serve as a mentor with the Service Learning program at The Center for Leadership and Social Change, as well as PeaceJam Southeast(HC): What are your favorite TV shows?

(KT): My favorite TV shows hands down are Scandal, Grey’s Anatomy, and Pretty Little Liars(HC): What do you look for in a man?

(KT): In a man, I look for someone who has a plan, and is actively making moves to execute this plan. I feel that we all claim that we want to do things in life, but it’s one thing to talk about it, but to actually make strides to complete a goal really states something about your character. Alongside this, I generally look for someone who can make me laugh, a family man, but someone who likes to live life and loves it just as much as I do. I have a very vibrant personality and I want someone who can balance me out, but also rise to the occasion when it comes to a night out or in.

(HC): Where is your favorite place to hang out on campus?

(KT):  My favorite place to hang out has to be the Women’s Center on the third floor of the Union. There’s a flat screen TV, and a couch! Usually I’m there around noon and that’s when Sex and The City is playing, it just makes for a really relaxing lunch break!

(HC): What’s your favorite place to go out to?

(KT):  My favorite place to go out currently is AmenRA’s! It’s a spoken word venue held on Tuesday nights, and I go there for open mic when usually all my friends come out and perform some pieces. It’s relaxing and definitely jogs my creative brain.(HC): What’s your average day like?

(KT):  My average day starts around 7 a.m. every day; I get ready, pack my bag for classes and extracurricular activities. I usually have class in the afternoon, and then my evenings are free for organization meetings, the gym, or study sessions, if not all three. I have a very varying schedule, but definitely planning hour to hour helps keep everything at bay.

Her Campus at Florida State University.