Meet Campus Celeb Kenny Shaw: FSU Alum and Former FSU Wide Receiver

Name: Kenny Shaw

Hometown: Orlando, FL

Age: 22

Relationship Status: Single

Her Campus (HC): So what I want to know, as well as many readers I’m sure, is: What’s your input on FSU being ranked #3 and sometimes #4 this season, when they are the only undefeated team?

Kenny Shaw (KS): I don’t have an opinion on the rankings because ultimately it means nothing if you keep winning. Also playing there, you come to find out that not everyone is going to like you including the BCS polls, etc.

HC: Do you think FSU has a good chance at winning the National Championship for the second year in a row?

KS: Am I 3Hunna? Of course, haha.

HC: What was your experience like playing in and winning the National Championship last year?

KS: Playing that year was something special and clearly everyone could see that as the year progressed. What made it so special is the simple fact that all the players bought in. It was a good going away gift for us seniors, who in my opinion, helped bring FSU back to its glory days and molded FSU into the tough BCS contenders they are today. Also, shoutout to the great fans and support which wasn’t overlooked. 

HC: I’ve heard that you went pro and play for the Jaguars. Is this true? Clear this up for us. Are you still playing football?

KS: Yes, I went to the Browns at first and then went on over to the Jags. I still have a semester left of school so don’t be surprised if you see me on campus finishing up that.

HC: Have you visited FSU since you left to watch your team play?

KS: I’ve made it back once since I left and it was to the Notre Dame game. Made me realize that I missed Tally a WHOLE LOT.

HC: If you could go back and change one thing about your college career, what would it be?

KS: I probably would change how I was my freshman year because I wasn’t as social as I was later on throughout my years.

HC: Though you played football for FSU, I’m assuming you were still able to experience Tallahassee nightlife. Where was your favorite place to go out? Pots, Painted, Recess, Clyde’s, Standard, The Palace….?

KS: Haha, thank god Recess was built by the time I left school. I feel sorry for whoever hasn’t experienced that place yet. Hell, I feel sorry for whoever hasn’t experienced the nightlife in general in Tally. I’ve enjoyed many places there, but my spots where things got a lil weird… I’m going to have to go with Coliseum, Pots, A.J.’s, Standard, and Recess. Can’t forget about the sorority and frat houses that showed love either. By the way, FSU has the hottest white girls in the nation. That’s all.

HC: Liquor or beer?

KS: I like liquor but only certain types… haha. I don’t like hard liquor and I’m not afraid to admit I may only enjoy Sex on the Beach, or some Mike’s Lemonade. And to whoever is reading this: don’t drink and drive.

HC: If you had one more day left on earth where would you spend it and with whom?

KS: I would spend it with my closest fam and friends, doing activities similar to those performed on The Hangover or Project X.

HC: Do you prefer chill nights with drinks and friends or going out to the club?

KS:  I prefer chill nights, but you’re not human if you don’t wanna turn up every once in a while, especially in the Nasty.

HC: Did you receive a scholarship to play for FSU, or did you try out for the team?

KS: I was on scholarship.

KS: If you’re reading and enjoyed it, don’t be afraid to hit me up on Instagram or Twitter which are both KShaw81.

Her Campus at Florida State University.