Meet Ashleigh Lollar: A Campus Cutie With A Bright Future

Name: Ashleigh Lollar

Year: Freshman

Major: Elementary Education

Hometown: Palm Harbor, FL

Relationship Status: In a Relationship

Her Campus (HC): So Ashleigh, how are you enjoying FSU so far?

Ashleigh Lollar (AL): I’m adjusting really well! I was a little homesick at first, but the more I get involved with on campus the more I start to like it!

HC: Well that’s good to hear! What all have you gotten involved with?

AL: Let’s see, I’ve been checking out a lot of different clubs such as Best Buddies, The Food Recovery Network, and Circle K International (CKI), and I’ve been looking into studying abroad recently! I’d love to go to London and intern there.  I’ve also been observing elementary school classrooms for my education courses, which I really enjoy.

HC: Wow that sounds really impressive! It’s good to see that you’re getting so involved! How would you say your classes are going though? Is college what you expected it to be?

AL: Yeah, I guess it is what I expected because there’s so much more work that goes into things outside of the classroom. When you’re in high school, you don’t really study at all, but then you get to college and I’ve found myself spending a lot of nights in the library. I really love the freedom of only having class for two hours a day and then getting to decide how I want to spend the rest of it.

HC: What about dorm life, how is that going?

AL: I would say dorm life is definitely an adjustment! I’m an only child so going from that to having a roommate who I have to be considerate of is a little strange. It’s great to have someone always looking out for you though, such as making sure you get home at night. We’re random roommates, but I’m really glad I chose this experience!

HC: What are you plans for the future?

AL: Well, after my undergraduate studies I want to go to graduate school to get my masters in social work. I’m hoping that my experience with elementary education will act as a gateway for getting into social work, since I want to devote my life to helping kids with difficult home situations. Of course I want to travel and I’d love to get involved with education on a federal level. Being on the board of education in Washington some day would be my dream.

HC: Lastly, on a fun note, what are you watching on Netflix right now?

AL:  Parks and Recreation Season 6 just came out on Netflix the other day so needless to say, I’m on episode 19.

Sarah Shellabarger is a senior at Florida State University, majoring in English - Editing, Writing, Media and minoring in Communications. This is her third semester as a HCFSU staff writer. When she's not drowning in assigned readings, Sarah enjoys attempting to get celebrities to follow her on Twitter, daily Dunkin Donuts trips, praising Stevie Nicks, and (unsuccesfully) begging her boyfriend to buy her a kitten. Sarah hopes to one day put her witty banter to good use by writing for a clever yet underappreciated TV show, and eventually becoming the next Tina Fey.    
Her Campus at Florida State University.