Magda’s Ice Cream Shop: Your New Collegetown Aesthetic and One Stop Shop For Tasty Treats

In case you have yet to hear, Magda’s Ice Cream Shop is the latest and greatest addition to Tallahassee’s beloved College Town and all of us here at Her Campus FSU absolutely cannot stop obsessing over its millennial pink aesthetic– not to mention the excellent eats they have to offer their customers!

We took a stroll over to Magda’s on Thursday afternoon to grab a quick bite and to survey the layout. Upon arrival, it was soon realized that Magda’s Ice Cream Shop certainly lives up to the hype surrounding its anticipated opening. From the black and white hexagon tiled floors to the wood paneling and subtle touches of palm-tree print, Magda’s is the pure fantasy of any blogger or amateur Instagrammer for that matter. The marble-topped tables and diner-like chairs offer a classic touch while the various forms of lighting add to the overall eclectic and “thrown together” aesthetic. On the contrary, it’s very clear that every piece was carefully chosen; the back wall features wood paneling and shelves that are home to charming knickknacks and various pastel colored book spines that play on a nostalgic vibe that make the little nook etched into the small space next to Centrale feel very homey. 

Courtesy: Tawnie Simpson

The comfy and quaint foodie haven offers a fairly wide array of food, drink and dessert options to choose from. The menu features coffee for all caffeine connoisseurs including Lucky Goat’s renowned cold brew coffee. Aside from that, Magda’s also sells delightfully unique iced lattes like their Pink Beet latte, Cereal Milk latte and their Love You So Matcha latte. As far as food goes, Magda’s continues to exceed expectations by offering daily selections of baked goods, various types of quiche, Caesar wraps and salads, slices of pizza, SoDOUGH donut bread pudding and delicious popovers that are sure to tease your taste buds. Magda’s is an ice cream shop though, so they obviously cater to the ice cream lovers out there with classic flavors of vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and mint along with a few more adventurous flavors including coffee, cookies and cream, salted pretzel and birthday cake. Toppings are available as well as soft warm brioche buns to create the perfectly scrumptious ice cream sandwich. 

Courtesy: Tawnie Simpson

From our brief visit to Magda’s Ice Cream Shop, we can say that their popovers are to die for with their quiche-like texture that also features the soft buttery flavor of a good croissant filled with veggies and meat depending on the customer’s preference. Also, the bright popping Pink Beet iced latte is not only unbelievably beautiful upon sight, but also delicious upon taste. The Pink Beet offers a creamy coconut and beet flavor that at first seems too sweet but leaves you with a subtle hazelnut aftertaste. Another interesting feature of Magda’s is their cute little to-go window out front for customers who need their fix quick! Overall, the experience of Magda’s Ice Cream Shop is one that everyone should try to embark on. Although Magda’s appears to be seriously hipster at first glance, the folks who work there are incredibly welcoming and not-so-surprisingly sweet. The service is quick and efficient and you are sure to get an Instagram worthy snapshot while you’re there. 

Tawnie Simpson is a Senior Editing, Writing, and Media student at Florida State University. She enjoys (needs) a good cup of cold brew, she comes from a small town nobody knows called "about an hour south of Tampa" and she is often mistaken for 10-year-old Lindsay Lohan, but she's not complaining.
Her Campus at Florida State University.