Madison Minnich: Reminding Us All to Pursue Our Passions

Name: Madison Minnich

Hometown: Atlanta, Georgia

Year: Sophomore

Age: 20

Major: Acting

Organizations: Chi Omega

Relationship Status: Single as a pringle

Her Campus (HC): Why did you decide to be an acting major?

Madison Minnich (MM): I can’t see myself doing anything else. It’s what makes me happy, and work never feels like work when you’re doing what you love.

HC: That’s very true! So how many plays have you been in?

MM: I’ve been in so many different shows. I’ve been in plays, musicals, and even a couple circus shows back in high school. Traditional plays are my favorite though because it’s fun becoming another person and taking on a completely new character.

HC: What’s your favorite play so far that you have performed in?

MM: That’s really hard! They are all so different, so it’s hard to choose a favorite. I like playing characters that are completely different than my own personality. Some of my favorite roles have also been the most challenging such as a schizophrenic person and a woman who lost her husband and daughter. I also played a woman who killed her husband. They are all really different roles and I have to put in a lot of time to commit to their specific personalities, but that’s what makes it so much fun.

HC: We love how passionate you are about acting! How do your fellow sisters feel about your acting career?

MM: They are super supportive. The last play I performed in was called Some Girls at FSU. It was the best feeling when I walked out of the theatre and saw 20 of my sisters there supporting me. It’s amazing because they got to see me do the thing I love the most.

HC: We’ll be sure to look out for future performances that you’ll be a part of! What are your future plans and/or dreams?

MM: My big dream is to be on a famous Netflix series, something like Orange is the New Black. However, I mainly want to just act. I don’t care where I end up as long as I can do the thing I love the most.

HC: Let’s switch it up a bit! What’s a fun fact about you?

MM: I studied German for seven years and I love sailing boats!

HC: What’s one thing you can’t live without?

MM: *Laughs.* Wendy’s $1 chocolate Frostys. I love them, and I’m obsessed with dipping my fries in them.

Amanda loves to write creatively on her spare time. When she isn't studying for her double major in both Psychology and Editing, Writing, and Media, Amanda is in the kitchen cooking up some dinner or baking sweet treats. She is a kid at heart and will never be too old for anything Disney. Amanda aspires to become a producer and writer for future video games.
Her Campus at Florida State University.