Lip Contouring: Safer Than the Kylie Jenner Lip Challenge

Girls have gone through desperate measures to try and achieve Kylie Jenner’s iconic lips. People have even resorted to needles and getting their lips stuck in plastic bottles. Introducing, lip contouring: an easier, and much safer, way to achieve bigger, fuller lips. 

Start by priming your lips with an oil or lip balm. Making sure your lips are moisturized helps them to look healthier which in turn makes them look fuller.

Once the moisture has settled in, line the outside of your lips with your favorite lip liner. Then, draw an X over the center of your top lip. 

Courtesy: YouTube

Fill in your lips with a matching lip color, but don’t layer on too much. If you’re using a cream lipstick, stick with one to two coats, and if you’re using a liquid lipstick, aim for only one. 

Then, use another lip liner that’s one shade darker than your lip color to line the outside of your lips again. Put a lot of emphasis on the corners and the outside center of your bottom lip. The dark liner creates shadows that make your lips appear much bigger than they really are. If you’re a fan of overdrawing your lips, do it with the dark liner, but try to only focus it above the cupids bow. Add a vertical line down the center of your bottom lip to create depth. 

Courtesy: YouTube

Blend in the darker liner by gently patting over it with your finger. Try not to blend in the color too much so you can keep the definition in tact. Once you’ve blended, you’re done!

Tip: If you want to take this look a step further, use a lip color that is one shade lighter than your base color (or a lip gloss) and apply it on the center of your top lip and on either side of the vertical line on your bottom lip to highlight. This will bring attention to your lips and make them stand out even more.

Now celebrate your new lips in the same way Kylie would: a Snapchat selfie complete with the dog filter!

Courtesy: Pinterest

I'm currently studying Editing Writing & Media and Public Relations at FSU. When I'm not busy, I love scouting out new restaurants, parks and things to do around Tallahassee. And of course I document it all on Instagram! #DoItForTheGram
Her Campus at Florida State University.