How To Celebrate Galentine’s Day With Your Roommate

As you probably know, the most important holiday about love is coming up. And no, I’m not talking about the one on Feb. 14; I’m talking about Galentine’s Day! Galentine’s Day is all about spreading love to your friends and celebrating the supportive girl gang you are surrounded by! When I think of Galentine’s Day, the first person I think of is my best friend/roommate. My roommate is the most supportive, caring, and sweet friend, and I am so lucky to live with her.

In order to celebrate Galentine’s with my roommate for the first time while living with her, I came up with a host of options to show her my appreciation. It can be hard to find time with the crazy schedule college brings, but finding time to celebrate Galentine’s Day is so worth it! If you and your roommate have no idea how to spend Galentine’s Day this year, look no further. Here are some ideas to get into the Galentine spirit with your roomie!

1. Make a card

@vie_rose

handmade galentines card ideas 💓💖💓💖💞#galentinesday #galentinescards

♬ original sound – Filmmuseum

Surprise your roommate with a sweet card to show them how much you appreciate them! After writing your thoughtful note, decorate the card to your heart’s content! There are so many ways to get creative. No matter your artistic ability, it’s the thought that counts!

2. Decorate your rooms

There’s nothing that can get you into the holiday spirit like decorations! You and your roommate can celebrate Galentine’s Day by putting up some new decor in your room. Hang something on your door together, put up some lights, or even get a bouquet for the room. Taking a trip to Target or Five Below together to pick out decorations could be a fun outing with your roommate too! Even the smallest decorations can help you and your roommate celebrate this holiday.

3. Watch a movie

Take some time on Galentine’s Day with your roommate in your now newly decorated room and watch a good movie. Whether you both want to watch a rom-com, a drama, or even a horror movie, there are so many options for you and your roommate to choose from. Sit down with some popcorn to choose a movie together to get you both into the Galentine’s Day spirit!

4. skincare & self-care

Both you and your roommate could be stressed out from life and school, so unwinding together could be the perfect way to spend your Galentine’s Day! Put on some music and a face mask, journal, take a walk, or paint your nails together! Spending some time together relaxing and putting your mental health first could be the perfect way for you and your roommate to spend Galentine’s Day and take a break from the stresses of college.

5. DINNER DATE

There’s nothing better than food to celebrate a holiday! Whether you and your roommate want to brave the kitchen, order in, or go out to eat, sitting down for dinner is a great way to celebrate Galentine’s Day! No need for anything fancy; it could even just be the dining hall. Cooking together is a great way to bond, but if you and your roommate aren’t too skilled in the kitchen, so is chatting and spending time together over a meal. After dinner, maybe you’ll even want to get a sweet treat like ice cream to finish celebrating!

Hopefully, this article gave you a few ideas for how to spend your Galentine’s Day with your roommate. This holiday is a great way to celebrate sisterhood and love in all of its different forms. Have an amazing Galentine’s Day full of love, and make sure to tell your roomie and friends that you love them!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Hey! My name is Emma, and I'm a first-year staff writer for Her Campus at Florida State! I'm a Jersey girl but I currently live in St. Augustine, Florida (the oldest city in the U.S.)! I'm dual degreeing in Media/Communications and Public Health with minors in Information Technology and Film. Outside of HCFSU, you can find me filming reels for the FSU School of Comm, working at the Student Union, and volunteering with Seminole Productions. If you see me on campus, I probably have my headphones on listening to music to break my 100k-minute Spotify Wrapped record! As always, go noles :)