Jump to a Happy Relationship…Not Conclusions

I know this has been said over and over in any column that talks about relationships but we need to discuss the dangers of jumping to conclusions. Also, we need to talk about not doing it. It’s toxic to your relationship and can lead to unnecessary fights. I’m not just looking at the ladies here either. Men are just as guilty about jumping to conclusions in the relationship as well.

Courtesy: Giphy

Men

If you have ever interacted with the male species, you know that girls are not the only ones to jump to conclusions. Men can be just as sensitive and insecure as women can be, especially when it comes to a relationship. Boys and girls, you need to be understanding when it comes to this. He’s not the same guy that you met in high school or even at the frat party you went to last week. Or maybe he is…either way he’s here for you so help him out a little. With that being said, guys chill out. It’s 2018 if your SO wants to go out to the club with their squad, let them go. They can wear what they want to wear. They don’t need to text you all night. They are busy. It’s time to start trusting. Take a walk in their shoes and think: would you be annoyed if they were blowing up your phone while you were out with your boys? Yes, you would. Now girls, a text every now and then to check in let him know you’re alive and when you are home is something to think about. Be considerate when it comes to your significant other but if something is making you super uncomfortable, then like I always say, talk to your significant other.

Courtesy: Know Your Meme

Ladies

Alright gals, you know in the past we are the ones that get all a bad rap for jumping to conclusions. It goes both ways but we need to chill out when it comes to jumping as well. I get that it’s annoying when your SO cancels plans but take into consideration why your SO canceled. Pick your battles. If they canceled because they have to finish a project, then guess what? They probably don’t want to be there either. It’s easy for your mind to wander when they aren’t texting you but don’t let that doubt slip into your relationship. With all that being said, don’t let your SO use your new-found understanding of jumping to conclusions to take advantage of you. If this is something that you are starting to notice, then have a conversation about it.

Courtesy: Saying Images

Pick your battles boys and gals and don’t jump to conclusions. In a relationship, there is plenty of room for insecurity to slip in there or a wandering mind when there is a lack of communication. For those of you who have read anything else in this relationship column, I always preach communication and I will continue. It’s important to trust your SO to do what they say they are going to. If you believe there is actually a reason to worry then talk to your partner. I wish you all the best and put yourself in your SO’s shoes.

Her Campus at Florida State University.