Julia Klein: Aspiring Creative Director and Beach Enthusiast

Name: Julia Klein

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Delray Beach, FL

Major: Marketing

Relationship Status: Single

Courtesy: Julia Klein

Her Campus (HC): Being a marketing major, do you have any career goals in mind?

Julia Klein (JK): Not anything in particular. I’m still exploring my options, but this past summer I interned with Evelyn & Arthur and that definitely narrowed down my interests. I now know that I’d want to work in retail because I loved being around all of the different types of fashion. Honestly, I’d be happy with whatever I do as long as I’m not sitting at a desk all day.

HC: Are you interested in a specific aspect of fashion?

JK: Yeah! The ultimate goal would be to work in photo shoots for a fashion company, but not the photographer. I’m more into the planning and organizing side of things, like the creative director.

HC: What about becoming a creative director interests you?

JK: Just the idea of being able to create what “look” the company has and that same “look” that they’re trying to convey to customers. I also love how fashion can make people feel a certain way and how it really lets you express yourself. The way a company makes the customers feel while wearing their clothes is really cool to me.

Courtesy: Julia Klein

HC: What do you like to do in your spare time?

JK: I’m constantly listening to music and trying to find new artists.

HC: Who’s your current favorite band?

JK: I don’t really have a current favorite, but I’ve been listening to Odesza a lot lately. I’ve always loved them, but I’m just getting back into them after finding some live sets of theirs on Sound Cloud.

HC: Where could we find you on a Friday night?

JK: If I’m not at home with my roommates making spaghetti and meatballs, you could find me at The Strip because who doesn’t love The Strip?

HC: With Thanksgiving right around the corner, what are your upcoming plans?

JK: I’ll be going back home to spend time with my family. I plan to just hang out with the family, go to the beach, and go on the boat as much as possible. I miss them all so much; especially my younger sister who is basically my best friend. Shout out to Grace Klein, can’t wait to see you!

Her Campus at Florida State University.