Jeremy Kadoch: How’s Business? Boomin’

When interviewing Jeremy Kadoch I learned he has a great sense of humor and a sarcastic personality. He does have great insight as a senior as to what to expect from your college years. I sat down with Jeremy Kadoch at Whole Foods as I saw him truly enjoy a carrot cake cupcake, which I would later learn is his favorite. We sat for over two hours discussing the CARE program, the benefits of Tinder, how to be involved on campus and land those jobs we all try so hard to search for. Here is his insight!

Name: Jeremy Kadoch

Major: Information Communication Technology

Hometown: Hollywood, FL

Activities: Poker Club, Hillel, Chabad, AITP (Association of Information Technology Professionals), Humans of CCI, CARE Program

Relationship Status: Taken

Photo By: Hana Bilicki

Jeremy Kadoch (JK): Sharon, before we start this interview, I just wanted to let you know this is the best thing you’ve done for your magazine yet.

Her Campus (HC): I see you’re a fan of Khaled.

JK: Khaled is a fan of me.

HC: Okay so let’s start: describe yourself as a college student in three words.

JK: Virtuous, moral and creative.

HC:  Isn’t that the three values of FSU? Vires, Artes and Mores?

JK:  Well, what can I say, I take pride in my school.

HC: How have you shown pride in your school?

JK: I have an FSU flag in my room and I give it a kiss every morning and say GO NOLES!

HC: So let’s throw it back to freshman year, you were in the CARE program, right?

JK: Yes I happen to be so.

HC: Well, tell me a bit about it. Many people just know it’s for first generation students, but what else does the program offer?

JK: Basically the CARE program creates a transitional bridge from high school to college that helps you evolve from a high school student into a college student.

HC: How?

JK: They taught, “If you’re not sure if your professor is a doctor, call them a doctor regardless because if they are a doctor and you forget they’ll be offended and if they just a regular professor or a TA, they’ll be flattered.”

HC: I never thought about it that way, but what benefits did the program have?

JK: During the summer program we were set on a strict schedule. If we are late for any meetings we were penalized with a lengthy essay. Let’s just say I wrote many essays freshman year by being late and learned the hard way of what it means to be good with time management. There are also workshops on how to manage finances, how to dress for an interview or speak professionally to a professor. But before I entered the CARE program I was a little scared boy and I left a strong man.  It might have made me more of a man than my Bar Mitzvah.

HC: Did the CARE program help you decide what to major in?

JK: Well, with the skills I acquired from the CARE program I thought business would be the perfect fit. I wanted to be like Jordan Belfort from Wolf of Wall Street, but that dream came burning down when I started taking classes from the business major. This wasn’t the path for me. So then I channeled my political side and wanted to become a politician. You know, like Donald Trump.

HC: But your major is ICT? How did you finally stick to that?

JK: Well, Sharon, my parents are technologically illiterate. So at a young age I had to step up and put the team on my back and be the one who was on top of technology in the house by understanding how to use a computer, wireless routers and the cell phone. If it wasn’t for me, my parents couldn’t make a phone call or open up solitaire on their computer.

HC: So your childhood talents made you realize what you wanted to major in all along?

JK: Yes. I realized I had a natural niche for technology. I wanted to build upon what I was doing at a young age and take it more seriously. I hacked into my PSP in order to play free games and jailbroke my iPod. This was only the beginning, now don’t get me wrong. I am not a thief. I was just simply practicing my craft.

HC: So then you fell in love with the ICT major and joined Humans of CCI?

JK: Yeah. I joined Humans of CCI and AITP to further connect with my colleagues in the same field.

HC: What do these two organizations do?

JK: Both organizations help like-minded individuals who have a technology and/or communication background in order to collaborate together on workshops, projects and discuss the latest trends in technology and coding.

HC: So are you all going to be the next Bill Gates of the world?

JK: Actually, I see myself more like Steve Jobs.

HC: Steve Jobs is known for creating his own company, are you creating anything?

JK: I am in the process of making an app on where to find house parties, but it’s in the works.

HC: Speaking of apps, do you have any favorite apps?

JK: Yeah, Tinder, where I unfortunately met my girlfriend.

HC:  So I always wondered what gets guys to swipe right anyway?

JK: There’s a plethora of qualities that we look for. Number one is looks, personality and the bio. The bio is actually a major key.

HC: Well, what on your girlfriend’s profile made you swipe her right?

JK: We had a bunch of mutual friends who were all Jewish, and I being a nice Jewish boy, appreciate a nice Jewish girl when I see one.

HC: Do you think more people should use Tinder, especially with Valentine’s Day a few weeks away?

JK: I think it’s a good move.

HC: Why?

JK: Because cuffing season is among us and as we progress closer to Valentine’s day, more people want to be wifed up.

HC: So give guys some advice, how should you really pick up a girl on Tinder?

JK: Well don’t be corny. Be genuine. Ask her questions about her life, where she’s from, does she have pets (girls love gentlemen who love dogs and I love dogs) and her hobbies. But remember, do pretend like you care. That’s what I did at first but then I really cared… A LOT.

HC: So what’s the first thing you said to her?

JK: Like I said, I stuck with my roots and hit her with a, “Hey, cute dog” and the rest is history.

HC: Dating lately isn’t the same in college, especially in our generation. Was your first date like a typical dinner date or the standard frozen yogurt?

JK: Not at all. I love watching Netflix and I love to chill, so I hit her with the Netflix and Chill and it was a perfect date, but me being a connoisseur of sushi, I ordered us some Sumo Sabi.

HC: You’re kidding me.

JK: No, I am quite serious. I capitalized on Sumo Sabi’s buy two get one free, where, of course, I took two rolls and let her pick the free one for her choosing.

HC: And she still hit you up?

JK: Of course. I am guessing the sushi was good.

HC: So when you’re not Netflix and Chilling, creating apps or attending a meeting for Humans of CCI, how else do you fill your time?

JK: You could find me working. I worked at Student Business Services for over a year, one of the biggest financial sectors of FSU, but this previous year I’ve been working in the FSU’s Computer lab where I enhance the education of students by using technology.

HC: A lot of students have trouble finding jobs, how did you find manage to get these two jobs?

JK:  I went out and did what few students at FSU do and embarked on a pilgrimage around campus to discover all the different sectors this school had to offer. I literally walked into Student Business Services to make a payment and after I asked if they had any open positions and they told me to send in my resume. The next day I got a phone interview followed by a group interview. For my second job on campus in the computer lab, a friend of mine applied there and told me to come to orientation to talk to the manager and see if any spots were available. I was hired on the spot!

HC: To wrap it up, is there anything you would tell the little boy you used to be from the CARE program freshman year?

JK: Learning is not as good as knowing. When you learn you don’t know but when you know you have already learned. So just know.

If you don’t find Jeremy on the courts or at the computer lab, you can find him imitating DJ Khaled snap stories. Just like Jeremy, we should all learn to never play ourselves and download Tinder.

Student at Florida State University studying Communication and Creative Writing. Addicted to iced vanilla lattes, Mike Wazowski and romantic comedies.
Her Campus at Florida State University.