Introducing Lively, The Snapchat of Dating Apps

Say goodbye to the days of swiping left to guys with shirtless selfies and raunchy pickup lines. With the new dating app, Lively, you can see a little more about a person before you connect with them. Most dating apps use pictures to create your profile, but for this one, selfies won’t cut it anymore. Lively is changing the game by using videos to show who you are. These videos can be uploaded from Facebook, Instagram or your camera roll. Videos can add depth and context to your profile, allowing people to get a glimpse of your personality before deciding to “like” you. Lively features the double opt in system, meaning that once someone “likes” you, they can’t message you until you like them back (and vice-versa).

Courtesy: Lively

Although Lively has been called the “Snapchat of dating” and it’s generally aimed at a younger audience, an article on Bustle clarifies that “it’s not meant to be a hookup app.” Unlike Tinder and other similar dating apps, Lively is all about making real connections. Since profiles are so in-depth, there’s no indication that the goal is to just match with as many people as you can. The videos allow you to see the way someone is—the way they laugh, talk, move, etc.—things that you’d be attracted to in real life. Having a video story can give you a lot more to talk about when you start chatting too!

Courtesy: Lively

Lively was originally launched in San Francisco and only recently has launched nationally. So, don’t worry if there aren’t a lot of users in your area yet! Simply sign up using Facebook, upload some videos and get connected!

Courtesy: Lively 

Her Campus at Florida State University.