If Tallahassee Coffee Shops Were Your #SQUAD

Courtesy: Odessey Online

During your college years, coffee shops can become your BEST FRIENDS. Being in a college town, we’re surely not short on them here in Tallahassee. As a student who can’t stand to study in her apartment, and sometimes needs a break from the school libraries, I’ve done my fair search of local Tallahassee coffee shops. However, one thing I can’t help but notice is that each one has its own unique personality. With that being said, here is a list of your favorite Tallahassee coffee shops personified as your #SQUAD.

Starbucks in Strozier: Your friend who never sleeps. An overstimulated, busy friend, who probably majors in Engineering. She’s constantly pulling all-nighters, and in her free time she… haha just kidding she doesn’t have free time. She’s hard-working, dedicated and busy, busy, BUSY. But because you know that she’s always awake, you know that she’ll always be there to help you in a crisis, and that’s why you love her.

All Saints Café: Your fun, ~artsy~ friend. She loves animals of all kinds, so obviously she’s a vegan. You know this because she’s always sending you snaps of her artfully crafted, meatless, dairy-free, sugar-free, gluten-free meals. But you love her for it. On any given weekend you can probably find her going to shows at Club Downunder, spending time at the thrift shops at Railroad Square, and getting lost in used bookstores.

Courtesy: Befrassy.net

The Power Plant @ Cascades Park: Your trendy, business-savvy friend that grew up in a big city. She loves mimosas and brunch and she’s your go-to if you ever need to borrow a cute outfit. She is your favorite friend to take pictures with, and she has one QUALITY Instagram account that you secretly envy.

Red Eye: Your humanitarian friend. She wears oversized t-shirts with Chacos and spends every minute of her free time either cozying up in her Eno or volunteering. She’s warm and kind, and gives the best advice. Oh, and she loves puppies too.

Black Dog: Your sunshine-y, hippy friend. She loves flowers, farmer’s markets and taking spontaneous road trips. You can end up spending hours with her, because she’s never in a hurry and loves having deep conversations. To sum it up, it’s hard not to feel good when you’re around her.

Lucky Goat: Your one friend that you love to hang out with, but she lives like 20 minutes away from your apartment so you don’t get to randomly drive to her house at 1 a.m. to cry about homework or boys (or both) as much as you wish because your cheap and don’t want to spend more on gas then you have to. But obviously you have to make those occasional special trips because… she’s worth it.

Samantha is an Editing, Writing and Media major. She loves a good cup of coffee, a ruby red lip, roadtripping, and being a downright goof. She dreams to travel the world someday and write about all her adventures. But for now, she just really hopes she can just keep balancing everything at once.
Her Campus at Florida State University.