Hip Happenin’ and Tree Huggin’ Campus Cutie Jessica Larimer

Year: FreshmanMajor: Environmental ScienceRelationship Status: “I’d guess you call it being exclusive”

Her Campus (HC): What’s the best thing that’s happened since you’ve been here so far?

Jessica Larimer (JL): The best thing that’s happened to me is when I went to New York City with some members of the Environmental Service Program (ESP) to participate in the People’s Climate March. There was a group of about 15 of us and we took turns driving a van all the way up to NYC (which is about 22 hours away). We got to explore the city the first day and that was great ‘cause I’ve never been to New York. We slept in the basement of a Universalist church (because it was free and we are poor college students) along with other people from all over the United States. We woke up early for the march and made banners and signs and walked throughout the streets of NYC with 400,000 other people. It was truly amazing.

HC: In your opinion what’s the most critical environmental issue going on today?

JL: Oooooh I can go on about this one forever! I believe the most critical environmental issue today is climate change and how it has become a political issue. Both our school president, John Thrasher, and our Florida governor, Rick Scott, do not take a stand on climate change. If we continue to ignore the issue, the problem is going to get worse. I believe we should set political differences aside and realize that growing climate temperatures will affect everyone negatively in the end.

HC: What’s your favorite animal?

JL: Probably a bumblebee!

HC: What’s your favorite nature spot on campus?

JL: My favorite nature spot is the field by Ruby Diamond and the amphitheater. I don’t know how to describe the spot, but I love it.

HC: What’s your favorite/weirdest part about yourself?

JL: Haha those are two different things! Ummm… Well I have pale skin that I used to be really self-conscious about, but I learned to love it. I guess that’s both my weird and favorite thing about me.

HC: What do you do in your free time when you’re not saving the world?

JL: I like to go hiking. 

Staff Writer for Her Campus FSU!
Her Campus at Florida State University.